Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying download new nav. updates and when I get select vehicle in the process, I select Palisade and I get a message that says new updates not avail. Any help out there. 2020 Palisade limited.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am trying download new nav. updates and when I get select vehicle in the process, I select Palisade and I get a message that says new updates not avail. Any help out there. 2020 Palisade limited.
It was so good of an update that Hyundai owners started downloading it en mass and broke the servers and now it's not available. Hyundai is trying to buy new servers, but due to covid and broken logistics dealerships that sell servers are only accepting orders without delivery dates yet. So Hyundai is waiting for vin/serial number that server dealership promised to let them know as soon as it becomes available. Rumor is that servers go for $5k over their stock price plus they want to add on marketing fee server tech package for another $3k. Plus the usual ceramic coating of servers and nitrogen filled coolers for cpu. Hyundai is thinking about the offer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You may want to stay with a 64GB drive. Most Palisades don't recognize any thing over 128GB.
Others have tried 1TB drives and had to redo with smaller drive.
Let us know how yours works.
Hi. I already completed the last update months ago with this drive. One question: does anybody know the average time this update will take? I think the last one took about 45 min for me but I thought I saw people say this one took several hours which sounds nuts.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL Moonlight Cloud
323 Posts
Hi. I already completed the last update months ago with this drive. One question: does anybody know the average time this update will take? I think the last one took about 45 min for me but I thought I saw people say this one took several hours which sounds nuts.
Well over an hour. I think mine was 78 minutes but some were saying 90.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Sel Premium
77 Posts
From what iv
From what I've read the ones that have taken "hours" are the people that were behind in updates. When I did mine it took the normal hour to complete installation..

·
Registered
7 Posts
How does one check the nav update vers vs audio update ver? Because I noticed after doing the nav update 45-60mins later, I went back in and said to update audio as well, which took another 15-20mins. Because I notice their are two secitons to download the nav update and audio update. So kind of confused if I did it right just downloading the nav update and it seemed to do both? So wanted to see if there were two separate versions to check for to make sure I got the latest installed correctly?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Once initiated in the car, took about 52 minutes. Downloading and putting on USB was over an hour. We have a 2021 Limited that hadn’t been updated.

·
Super Moderator
2,399 Posts
How does one check the nav update vers vs audio update ver? Because I noticed after doing the nav update 45-60mins later, I went back in and said to update audio as well, which took another 15-20mins. Because I notice their are two secitons to download the nav update and audio update. So kind of confused if I did it right just downloading the nav update and it seemed to do both? So wanted to see if there were two separate versions to check for to make sure I got the latest installed correctly?
One is for the 10" nav and the other is audio only for the 8" screen without nav. The maps and audio will be updated with the nav update if you have the 10" nav unit

·
Registered
2020 Limited in Moonlight Cloud
7 Posts
I'm trying to update now and it has been running for over two hours. I haven't seen the progress bar move in Iike an hour. I think it is hung up. I also had the latest update before attempting to install this one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Downloaded the latest Updater the other day and now loading below update onto a SanDisk 1TB portable SSD on my Mac Mini for my 2021 Palisade.
View attachment 6358
I completed the update today with the SanDisk 1TG portable SSD loaded off my Mac Mini M1. I bet it would update a hell of a lot quicker if the Palisade had a USB-C port! I didn't understand the below shown options but went with Update Now without any issues. I prefer the new radio look.
Font Rectangle Screenshot Display device Electronic device

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Sel Premium
77 Posts
I completed the update today with the SanDisk 1TG portable SSD loaded off my Mac Mini M1. I bet it would update a hell of a lot quicker if the Palisade had a USB-C port! I didn't understand the below shown options but went with Update Now without any issues. I prefer the new radio look.
View attachment 6379

Background means you can still use the radio/nav but I'm sure is super super slow...
After vehicle is off is what I did, when you shut the vehicle off it starts and completes the update. The day I did mine I drove to work picked that option, when I got to work I shut it down went to work and an hour later received a text that the update was done...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts