Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2020 Palisade in The middle/end of November, I have absolutely loved it up until today.... I was driving on the highway, one car in front of me that was too far to even read the plate number, and one car in the lane to the right of me and in front of me. Out of no where my steering wheel jerked really hard to the right, caused an accident, when I tried to correct it (and I know not to jerk hard or turn too much, due to the risk over over correcting and causing a bigger wreck) the steering wheel jerked hard in the OPPOSITE DIRECTION! The breaks weren’t working, the vehicle spun and drove all over the road, from one end to the other a few times, until it finally was forced to stop by the ditch. The steering wheel jerked hard in the opposite direction of any slight adjustment or nudge to the wheel, it caused the car to turn 180°, I could literally watch the cars slamming on the breaks and swerving to miss me.

I was in the process of scheduling a service appointment for an oil change, for this Friday. My car has been running rougher since the last service visit and I also had an oil leak that was supposed to be addressed. Along with the front passenger side seat buckle not allowing the belt to click in and stay buckled. I also had noticed the fuzziness, or the black shadowing thing in the back up camera. The wind whistling coming from the driver side door/window is also something that I experienced.

Has anyone else experienced random jerking from their steering wheel? Even when the lane departure assist is off, the cruise control is off, every “assist” is off aside from the blind spot monitor.

Has anyone had any issues with their seat belt buckles?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow I m sorry to hear that. It’s super scary. I haven’t had such experience and hopefully that’s only one isolated incident.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Sorry to hear. No for me the steering LKA is super smooth and gentle and I believe that is the way it works. If a car had or is having harsh movement of the steering wheel I would suspect there is mechanical, tire, and or road imperfection issue that would have "caused" the behavior you describe. You described rough running prior which might have been indicative of a mechanical issue.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Are you sure you didn't hit a pot hole or something that caused some damage to the steering/suspension? Did you hit some black ice or hydroplane?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Scary. Thank goodness your alright. No steering issue so far (knock on wood). Hole this is an isolated thing. Hope corporate will look into this more carefully. Send it to corporate.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yesterday while driving on an interstate our Palisade jerked the steering hard to the left ( but not uncontrollable) . This happened when a car was passing me on the right and I accidentally wondered to too close to the line

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Yesterday while driving on an interstate our Palisade jerked the steering hard to the left ( but not uncontrollable) . This happened when a car was passing me on the right and I accidentally wondered to too close to the line
That is supposed to happen. It's a feature, as you've probably guessed.

·
Registered
152 Posts
It's the Blind Spot Collision Avoidance, which happens when you try to change lanes and there's already a car there.
So that should happen whether or not you put on the turn signal? Does LKA have to be active/turned on? I know as part of the BSW system when a vehicle is in an adjacent lane and you turn on the turn signal an alarm will sound, but are you saying that with or without the turn signal being on that the BSCA system will take control of the steering in order to avoid and accident? I find those sections in the manual starting on 5-78 rather confusing. Especially where it says "The Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist system may activate the Electronic Stability Control (ESC) if there is a possible collision with an approaching vehicle while changing lanes. It is to help mitigate the collision risk or collision damage." But is this what you are saying probably kicked in for Lou?

I appreciate all the help you have afforded to members of this forum. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
So that should happen whether or not you put on the turn signal? Does LKA have to be active/turned on? I know as part of the BSW system when a vehicle is in an adjacent lane and you turn on the turn signal an alarm will sound, but are you saying that with or without the turn signal being on that the BSCA system will take control of the steering in order to avoid and accident? I find those sections in the manual starting on 5-78 rather confusing. Especially where it says "The Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist system may activate the Electronic Stability Control (ESC) if there is a possible collision with an approaching vehicle while changing lanes. It is to help mitigate the collision risk or collision damage." But is this what you are saying probably kicked in for Lou?

I appreciate all the help you have afforded to members of this forum. Thank you!
I have no idea if the turn signal has to be on for this to work. I assume no. I also don't know if LKA needs to be on for this to work. But yes, that is the feature in question.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have no idea if the turn signal has to be on for this to work. I assume no. I also don't know if LKA needs to be on for this to work. But yes, that is the feature in question.
OK! Will have to try it out, or at least watch for it. Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts