Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, been pretty busy, finally had a clear day to take some photos. I posted this on the FB page too, but some of you may find it interesting. This is a Beckett's Black with the light beige interior.

Exterior: Paint Correction (the Palisade had surprisingly bad swirls right off the lot), ceramic coat. Initially had "H" logos color-matched, but still wasn't in love with the look. So I debadged everything, including the Htrac logo, Hyundai logos, etc. Filled the holes behind the rear "H" logo, and color-matched. Initially considered just going badge-less in the back, but it just... looked too naked. Added the factory mudguards and factory roof rails. Color-matched the grill and surround. Ended up going with the Brenthon all black logo replacements (I also have the brand new unopened Caliburn 3pc emblem set if anyone wants them...$40 shipped). I updated all non-LED lighting to LED (license plate lights and reverse lights).

Interior: Added better console interior holder (it should have come factory that way), diamond stitched console cover, cargo cover, factory all season cupped mats (have original new carpeted mats if anyone wants them...cheap), durable rear/foldable third row factory cover mat, updated maps/GUI to April 2021 update, ceramic coat for leather. Also just added the matching metal tweeter covers. Probably forgetting a few things, but it's coming along.

I also have more photos of the install process, etc. if anyone has interest or questions about that stuff.

Current look:

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Plant

Car Vehicle Automotive parking light Grille Hood

Tire Wheel Car Window Sky

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle registration plate

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

The all-black 2 piece Brenthon logos:

Input device Grey Plant Font Motor vehicle

This is what it looked like with the grill, surround, and "H" color-matched. I wasn't in love with it, but I do think it looked better than the giant chrome "H":

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Hood

Here's what the rear looks like completely debadged, holes filled, color-matched. Pretty clean look, but just a bit too naked.

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive side marker light Car Vehicle registration plate

Interior Tweeter covers. They were like $20 all-in and just covered the black plastic, which looked kind of like an after-thought:

Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle
Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Car

·
Registered
58 Posts
Very nice. I did the tweeter covers, license plate lights, and armrest pad as well. Did PPF from the mirrors/fenders/hood forward and tinted windows. Would like to debadge “Palisade” and “HTRAC.” Can’t convince the wife.

What is the bulb type for the reverse lights?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice. I did the tweeter covers, license plate lights, and armrest pad as well. Did PPF from the mirrors/fenders/hood forward and tinted windows. Would like to debadge “Palisade” and “HTRAC.” Can’t convince the wife.

What is the bulb type for the reverse lights?
These were the bulbs for the reverse lights:

Pretty easy install.

·
Registered
58 Posts
These were the bulbs for the reverse lights:

Pretty easy install.
Sweet. Thank you.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I THINK the tweeters are not chrome to eliminate a possible source of such as sun reflection into driver's eyes. There has been a complaint about the steering wheel H so doing.
We’ve had ours for a while. Never experienced any sun reflection. Could be because our windows are tinted. I like the look to make it match the rest on the grills. Definitely a valid possibility.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Got mine installed. Typical my luck. When I removed the first bulb, the damn thing ended up falling into the reverse light housing. Took quite a while with a zip tie and double sided tape to finally fish the bulb out. New led’s look great and are super bright. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts