Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
It should be in the settings menu, I remember seeing it after I did the update and was going through everything to see what was new. I personally like the feature even though it does warn you kind of late.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the same issue. Even going to setup/NAV/Alerts/Camera, none of the options turns off the warning. Very frustrating.

·
Super Moderator
779 Posts
Our area they took down most of the speed cameras, some cities still have them.
A year ago we had of course red light cameras every where, still do have those.
Speed cameras on red light sites , speed cameras in marked and unmarked SUVs
and cars. Parked near school's. On the highways and overpasses. They found out
it cost to much to have outside companies handle them and problems processing
and serving the tickets. Most have now been taken down or shut down.
In the Phoenix area, between tv, radio stations and police camera's, It is hard to go
1 mile without being on a camera of some sort. Scary isn't it

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yup, I'm in LE and I'm against Big Brother enforcement.

Companies like Redflex which run red light cameras for cities promised the cities a no-cost operation (cost neutrality they call it). It was finally ruled illegal by the courts, but it's amazing that this wasn't recognized earlier. There was an obvious and real conflict of interest when it was in the private companies and cities interest to issue enough tickets to neutralize the cost of the machines and then ultimately make money on these devices. San Mateo, California, a few years ago was caught with a red light camera that wasn't calibrated properly, so in other words they were issuing bullshit red light tickets, and the resolution was to refund the victims their ticket cost. If I remember correctly it wasn't even done automatically. They only went back one year and (if I recall) the victims had to step forth. What about all the people who wasted their time and money going to traffic court????

anyway, I'm going off on a rant and tangent. hahaha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts