Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts

Welcome to the club lol. Let us know how dealer visit goes!

· Registered
47 Posts
OP, not sure if you've seen the 2 other threads on window haze but it's happening on quite a few of the 2023 models.
I took mine to the dealer a few days ago. They cleaned them and told me the haze was gone which of course it wasn't because it has nothing to do with cleaning.
I pushed back until they agreed to order 2 new windows. I'm not hopeful these will be any better.

· Registered
106 Posts
To be fair the smelly leather issue has been resolved for some time now. The haze is a new one for'23's and the wind noise appears to be hit and miss regardless of year. I have 22' Calligraphy no wind noise. smelly leather, or hazy windows.

· Registered
2023 Calligraphy FWD; Moonlight Cloud, Black Interior
94 Posts
2023 Calligraphy here - no smell, no wind noise (yet), but I do have 2nd row window “low angle haze”.

· Registered
2023 Calligraphy - Burgundy/Black
52 Posts
23 Calligraphy checking in...no smell, no wind noise, and maybe a tinge of 2nd row haze? I went out to the car to look at it specifically, it's definitely not anything that's bothersome to me (and I'm generally pretty picky about my cars). The trunk and rear windows might be a bit clearer? I'm guessing it potentially has something to do with tinting of the acoustic laminated glass.

· Registered
33 Posts
23 Calligraphy checking in...no smell, no wind noise, and maybe a tinge of 2nd row haze? I went out to the car to look at it specifically, it's definitely not anything that's bothersome to me (and I'm generally pretty picky about my cars). The trunk and rear windows might be a bit clearer? I'm guessing it potentially has something to do with tinting of the acoustic laminated glass.
You are right about the acoustics on the windows. That is what causes the haze.
I didn’t have any haze on my windows but I tinted them anyway.
I have none of the issues everyone is talking about here. Only complaint I have is the tires. They’re crap.

· Registered
7 Posts
You are right about the acoustics on the windows. That is what causes the haze.
I didn’t have any haze on my windows but I tinted them anyway.
I have none of the issues everyone is talking about here. Only complaint I have is the tires. They’re crap.
I have the low angle 2nd row window
haze also. Logged a complaint with Hyundai on line. I agree the Hankook tires are noisy and bumpy. Replaced them with Pirelli Scorpion All Season Plus 3 and sold the Hankook on Craigslist. The Pirelli tires made a tremendous difference in noise and ride quality.

· Registered
Waiting on a 2023 Palisade Calligraphy (Steel Graphite Exterior & Black Interior)
132 Posts
Maybe a silly question when you lodged the complaint with Hyundai did you use the MyHyundai app or go the HyundaiUSA main site?

· Registered
33 Posts
I have the low angle 2nd row window
haze also. Logged a complaint with Hyundai on line. I agree the Hankook tires are noisy and bumpy. Replaced them with Pirelli Scorpion All Season Plus 3 and sold the Hankook on Craigslist. The Pirelli tires made a tremendous difference in noise and ride quality.
Maybe I just got lucky with mine. I have no issues with the car whatsoever. Only complaint l, maybe is that the sun reflect sometimes on the dash and the chrome edge above the dash reflects on the windshield. Pirellis are my tires as well. Great tire.

· Registered
30 Posts
This is my fourth day. My ergo button is broken and my windows hazy. I am going to see dealer this afternoon. I have no idea this kind of windows can pass through QC.
You bought a first year model - what do you expect? Should have bought 2021 or 2022. It'll take a year to fix all the new production issues on the production line.

· Registered
30 Posts
Just returned from my dealer regarding 2nd row hazy windows. It was news to them but they took video of it and are sending it up the chain of command. They brought up 2 other Caligraphy models and they were the same as mine, he asked if this was a problem on all trim levels, a question I couldn’t answer, can you folks?

· Registered
33 Posts
Just returned from my dealer regarding 2nd row hazy windows. It was news to them but they took video of it and are sending it up the chain of command. They brought up 2 other Caligraphy models and they were the same as mine, he asked if this was a problem on all trim levels, a question I couldn’t answer, can you folks?
I have a 23 SEL. No problems here. Windows and windshield crystal clear.

· Registered
47 Posts
From the info we've gathered on this forum it appears to be an issue with the acoustic laminated factory tinted windows.
The following models are equipped with these windows.
SEL w/Premium package
Limited
Caligraphy

The acoustic laminated factory tinted 2nd row window is new for 2023.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I went to service the other day. They reported to their director for the case and they carefully cleaned my windows and took pictures. They said they will report to Hyundai USA for investigation. That’s all I got. It seems they have no idea how to deal with it.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts