Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a long but good one, buckle up!
Today I got our palisade really stuck in some really deep snow. It’s the 2020 ultimate awd. It’s the Canadian spec one with the snow mud and sand modes. Unfortunately while trying to free the vehicle all of a sudden multiple alerts began to show up almost simultaneously. “Check pre collision warning” “check blind spot monitoring system” “check esc” and the most worrying was “terrain modes unavailable”. The drive modes like sport and eco worked fine. But snow mud and sand were unable to operate. I’m not sure why and am a bit concerned that the systems that make the vehicle so amazing suddenly stopped working with no explanation. The traction control would cut power but not blink on the dash and the parking brake indicator would stay on even though it’s audibly turned off. Every warning and light imaginable was illuminated. The awd system would send power to the back as indicated in the gauges and is visible from the rear wheels spinning. But no brake application to stop spinning wheels and redirect power, which is one of the cars biggest strengths. All electronic systems failed simultaneously and without reason. The temps were normal, the wheels rotated when given power specifically the front right and rear left. The weirdest thing is that when the car was towed out and back on pavement ALL of the warnings disappeared and began functioning normally. Nothing was actually wrong. The car resumed normal operation when it was rescued but sh*t itself all at once when it got stuck. Why? Why would this happen??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You probably bottomed out. AWD or even 4WD isn't going to do you any good once your chassis is sitting on snow. Better have a set of traction boards available, this will get you out of sticky situations. 5 Best Traction Mats - Feb. 2021 - BestReviews
True! It was most likely bottomed out or close to it. We tried to use sticks as traction boards 😂. I’m just not sure why EVERYTHING stopped working like the terrain modes, and the torque vectoring. Only 2 wheels were spinning so it had an oportunity to move power around. Or at least try. I’m just not sure about the safety system warnings. They seemed kind of random. But yeah it was probably just bottomed out

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
463 Posts
True! It was most likely bottomed out or close to it. We tried to use sticks as traction boards 😂. I’m just not sure why EVERYTHING stopped working like the terrain modes, and the torque vectoring. Only 2 wheels were spinning so it had an oportunity to move power around. Or at least try. I’m just not sure about the safety system warnings. They seemed kind of random. But yeah it was probably just bottomed out
Not sure if 2 posts were created about this....but safety features could have been covered with snow. They are easy to get dirty and will cause the warnings you observed. Maybe just coincidence with everything happening at same time. But does seem concerning with the AWD issue.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Probably had to do with multiple sensors on the front and rear bumpers being blocked by the snow on top of being bottomed out. Did you try the diff lock? That would have split the power equally both front and rear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts