Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Sept 2022 POTM Winner
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, i just noticed that the MSRP of the Calligraphy in Canada lowered down from 58,988 to 56,199,

for us who got our vehicle on a higher MSRP, will we be able to get back the difference of the price?

anyone that can give legal advice.?

thanks

· Registered
150 Posts
Hello everyone, i just noticed that the MSRP of the Calligraphy in Canada lowered down from 58,988 to 56,199
No, it hasn't. The Canadian MSRP for the 2023 Calligraphy has always been $56,199 and remains so. I think you may be confusing the MSRP with the so-called "purchase price". The latter actually breaks down as follows:
MSRP: $56,199
Other Fees and Levies: $729.70
Delivery & Destination Fees: $1,925
============================
Purchase price: $58,853.70

And dealers may add various incidentals to that "purchase price" bottom line.
__
P.S.: I see from your icon that you have a 2023 Sierra Burgundy Calligraphy. How are you liking it? Mine's like a chameleon that turns much brighter red in the sunshine. I think I'll return to plain old black next year.

· Sept 2022 POTM Winner
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it hasn't. I think you may be confusing the MSRP with the so-called "purchase price". For the Calligraphy, the latter actually breaks down as follows:

I got my Calligraphy almost a month ago, the MSRP that time which is the base vehicle price is 58,988. Dest fees and other fee is not yet included.
Now because of some features not available in canada, like 3rd row heated seat, digital key option, wifi hot spot, i notice the MSRP became 56199,
If it hasn’t changed since then, the dealership tricked me on the pricing then

· Registered
150 Posts
If it hasn’t changed since then, the dealership tricked me on the pricing then
'Fraid so if $58,988 was represented to you as being the MSRP without any destination charges included. You should have a detailed bill of sale that would clarify the situation for you. Unfortunately, however, unless you can show some outright fraud, you're probably stuck with it if you accepted and signed that dealer's sales offer.

· Sept 2022 POTM Winner
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
'Fraid so if $58,988 was represented to you as being the MSRP without any destination charges included. You should have a detailed bill of sale that would clarify the situation for you. Unfortunately, however, unless you can show some outright fraud, you're probably stuck with it if you accepted and signed that dealer's sales offer.
Yup there’s a price break down on bill of sale. there’s no online MSRP price that time. The dealership presented that MSRP. So it was signed and they did the math. Now that theres online MSRP and there’s an almost 3grand difference. I don’t know if there’s something I can do to get it back legally

· Registered
150 Posts
I don’t know if there’s something I can do to get it back legally.
Can't help you with that. Sorry. You would need to discuss it with a qualified lawyer. I suppose you could contact Hyundai Canada's customer relations people directly, but I'm doubtful that they'd provide much help. There's also the Ontario Motor Vehicle lndustry Council (OMVIC) and other provincial counterparts, but they're not very helpful either. In my own experience, they're more like an industry lobby group.

· Sept 2022 POTM Winner
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, it hasn't. The Canadian MSRP for the 2023 Calligraphy has always been $56,199 and remains so. I think you may be confusing the MSRP with the so-called "purchase price". The latter actually breaks down as follows:

__
P.S.: I see from your icon that you have a 2023 Sierra Burgundy Calligraphy. How are you liking it? Mine's like a chameleon that turns much brighter red in the sunshine. I think I'll return to plain old black next year.
The color varies depends on the outside lights, we like it though

· Registered
302 Posts
While I don’t hold much hope for you getting anything back from this dealer whose business practices does not align with Hyundai Canada’s dealer pricing policy, it would be worth a sit down meeting with the General Manager at the dealership to see what they are willing to do.
Failing any success, you should advise definitely Hyundai Canada of your grievance, and followup with local media, social media, etc to get the word out

· Registered
43 Posts
An interesting side bar to the discussion of MSRP in Canada - due to the exchange rate with the USD, a Calligraphy purchased in Canada is about $7500 (before either US or Canadian sales taxes are applied) less expensive than the same vehicle purchased in the US.

· Sept 2022 POTM Winner
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
While I don’t hold much hope for you getting anything back from this dealer whose business practices does not align with Hyundai Canada’s dealer pricing policy, it would be worth a sit down meeting with the General Manager at the dealership to see what they are willing to do.
Failing any success, you should advise definitely Hyundai Canada of your grievance, and followup with local media, social media, etc to get the word out
thanks a lot, the agent said his manager is going to call me on Tuesday.

Their initial plan from what I heard from him is they gonna buy back the vehicle. But for sure in a much lower price. Not certain yet, I’ll see what they will offer on Tuesday.

· Registered
92 Posts
So not only they screwed the OP by straight lying and presenting higher msrp by over $3k. Like this was not enough, now they are going to take the poor OP who is in "grievance period" for another ride. This time they will "buy back" the vehicle for a usual trade in with low-balled price and make another $3-5k on it. Then they will offer to OP a generous anti-grievance solution to buy a new Palisade with proper msrp, but add-on in order of $5k. I'm guessing every time OP goes to dealer - they take him for a $3k ride. OP here's a free financial advise from me: just stop going or contacting dealers. Your account will be much safer that way.

· Registered
174 Posts
Has the MRSP increased now? I'm seeing $59,553 on Hyundai Canada

EDIT: Nvm, this includes freight but also "other charges". The MSRP now seems like is $56,599, so a $400 increase from the earlier $56,199

View attachment 7879
This is not new, it's been increased for some time now. I posted something along this line in an earlier post (03 Oct, 2022). Similar bump in price in the US (I think there it was $300 across the board).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts