Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what kind of MPG are you getting on the highway?
Has anyone been on a good trip yet?

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have made two long distance trips, driving during the day and night with air conditioning on the entire time at an average speed of 75 mph. I averaged 26.6 mpg.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Same for me. FWIW, I checked the accuracy of the computer reports three times when I first got mine and the results were within two tenths of a gallon each time. Any others who have compared?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm still surprised that Hyundai didn't offer these with a Hybrid. It would start from $5k more and i'm okay with that.

·
Registered
50 Posts
In my Limited AWD I averaged about 27 MPG on a just-completed 1200 mile trip. The majority of the miles were on the highway in ECO mode, typically going about 75 mph. Winds were light and the terrain was flat, so those factors didn't play a big role in the outcome.

Closer to home, commuting to work and running errands in more stop-and-go driving, I'm averaging about 22 MPG.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where do I find the miles per gallon reading on my car? I cant seem to find it. We just bought a new limited awd this past weekend and still learning about this vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On right side of steering wheel, button on top left. symbol on it looks like pages. use the little lever just below that on each page to see what you can learn about MPG, miles traveled, what you want shown on the center of display.
There is all kinds of information

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have found that the on board mileage is about 2 mpg higher when I compare the manual way of calculation. All 6 of my Hyundais have been this way, but my 2016 Mazda Miata is almost always the same when compared. I think Hyundai want’s everyone to believe they are getting good gas mileage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I drive with a light foot and do not speed or jack rabbit start or stop. According to my mileage readout, I'm averaging 15mpg in the city and 19 on the freeway. And that's an average. This is much lower than the book. Should I take it in and have the gage checked?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Something seems off. I would manually check mileage rates and compare against what the car is showing.

·
Super Moderator
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Try to compare by checking mileage compared to how much gas you use in the course of several fill ups.
Also do you do a lot of city driving where you set a numerous red lights? that is really bad on mpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts