·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Awesome I wish we knew that before but I already had the Vantrue N4 4K dash cam with3 way video capture. They actually gave me the OB2 connector and it works great. The camera and I think the fuse, shut off the camera when the battery gets to a certain discharge level. I usually disconnect the power cored from the camera when I get home for the day because my car s in the garage. I leave it on during the day if it am out shopping and running errands. I have to check if when I turn the power off button if it will completely turn off because I read from another post somewhere that if parking mode is on it doesn’t actually turn off with OB2. I don’t see how that is possible but I am going to find out
Thank you

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I thought you just plug one end of the cable to your OBD port and the other end to your dash cam (wherever it's mounted). You may need to "hide" the cable for a cleaner look, but that should be it. A thing to keep in mind is will the dash cam continue to draw power from the OBD port when the engine is OFF.
I have a Vantrue that worked fine until I got the OBD2 plug to attach and my rear camera does not come through the main camera anymore. I replaced all cords and Vantrue sent me all new cameras and still it isn't pickin up the rear camera. I certainly know how to plug a camera in and hide the wires. Thank you

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I thought you just plug one end of the cable to your OBD port and the other end to your dash cam (wherever it's mounted). You may need to "hide" the cable for a cleaner look, but that should be it. A thing to keep in mind is will the dash cam continue to draw power from the OBD port when the engine is OFF.
Yes the OBD is on all times. Yes I know how to plug it in and hide the wires. I have a Vantrue N4 camera and it worked great while using the digerette lighter plug. I got the OBD2 dcord from the manufacturer because I want the parking mode to run while the engine is off. The rear camera is not captured with the main one. I ran new wires and Vantrue replaced all cameras and cords and still no rear camera. I asked about the OBD2 cord being bad and they said it should not effect the rear camera not showing up in the main screen.

·
Registered
2022 Palisade Essential trim. Typhoon Silver
444 Posts
Yes the OBD is on all times. Yes I know how to plug it in and hide the wires. I have a Vantrue N4 camera and it worked great while using the digerette lighter plug. I got the OBD2 dcord from the manufacturer because I want the parking mode to run while the engine is off. The rear camera is not captured with the main one. I ran new wires and Vantrue replaced all cameras and cords and still no rear camera. I asked about the OBD2 cord being bad and they said it should not effect the rear camera not showing up in the main screen.
Does it still work properly if/when you go back to the digerette lighter plug? I am under the impression that the rear camera is powered from the main camera (no separate power supply) so it seems odd that the rear now does not work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Does it still work properly if/when you go back to the digerette lighter plug? I am under the impression that the rear camera is powered from the main camera (no separate power supply) so it seems odd that the rear now does not work.
Yeo the exact same thing. I was just given updates for the rear camera and main, which I had already don't. I am hoping this will work

21 - 26 of 26 Posts