Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Palisade placed 4th with the Telluride taking 1st, Subaru Ascent 2nd, Honda Pilot 3rd and our Palisade 4th. I just don't think they wanted South Korea taking a one two finish! I've tested three of the four and read other reviews on the Pilot which needed a severe update and can't believe their outcome. Anyway, to me, the Palisade has more features than the 2nd and 3rd and I believe is overall better than the Telluride. One of their complaints was a harsh ride! Well maybe had they checked the tire inflation ( my tires were at around 48 lbs each) which certainly would have added to a harsh ride....Check it out.

·
Registered
61 Posts
All of these reviews come down to personal preference of the person doing the review. I have watched reviews between the Telluride and the Palisade and after hearing everything I am sure they will pick the Palisade and they pick the Telluride because they like the looks better or a shifter instead of buttons. In a way, who cares I love my Palisade and don't care what anybody else thinks.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I first looked at the Telluride and even took it for test drive. Later I showed the Palisade to my wife who liked the looks better. We took it for a test drive and the next day bought it. I have enjoyed everyday since.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Palisade placed 4th with the Telluride taking 1st, Subaru Ascent 2nd, Honda Pilot 3rd and our Palisade 4th. I just don't think they wanted South Korea taking a one two finish! I've tested three of the four and read other reviews on the Pilot which needed a severe update and can't believe their outcome. Anyway, to me, the Palisade has more features than the 2nd and 3rd and I believe is overall better than the Telluride. One of their complaints was a harsh ride! Well maybe had they checked the tire inflation ( my tires were at around 48 lbs each) which certainly would have added to a harsh ride....Check it out.
Didn't Subaru Ascent have a big recall because the tiny engine couldn't pull that big car? That is why we scratched it off our list. Also, it was sort of plain, IMO. The Ascent was hum ho whereas the Palisade was WOW.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
One of their complaints was a harsh ride!
Which is impressive, considering the Palisade has better shocks and softer suspension tuning than the Telluride.

They either did the same thing that's been done in the past where they compared a Palisade on 20s with a Telluride on 18s, the air pressure was too high, or, more likely, Kia paid them more money than Hyundai.

·
Banned
673 Posts
So much subjective scoring in the review. If you love your Palisade styling and switchgear layout then you overcome 90% of the reviewers complaints. It's basically exactly the same as the #1 finisher with a push button shifter and polarizing front end styling. I'm good.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm surprised the Honda Pilot placed so high. I was considering it but quickly crossed it off my list when I realized that it was still using the older generation of Hyundai's driver-assist software/hardware instead of the newer generation on the CR-V (and I think Accord). For example, the 2020 Pilot still doesn't have smart cruise control that will operate below 20 MPG (e.g. no stop and go), and it essentially only has lane keep assist and not actual lane centering. At the highest trim levels its more expensive than the Palisade.

I agree that given how similar the Telluride and Palisade are, I think that they needed to find some vehicles to separate them

·
Super Moderator
557 Posts
So much subjective scoring in the review. If you love your Palisade styling and switchgear layout then you overcome 90% of the reviewers complaints. It's basically exactly the same as the #1 finisher with a push button shifter and polarizing front end styling. I'm good.
I agree 100% subjective scoring and #4 out of all the same class of suv's excellent.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah I watched that Motortrend review and there is no way the Palisade should be behind the Pilot, Ascent and Telluride. Test drove them all, owned a 2015 Lexus RX350 and 2019 Infinity QX-60 and there is no way you can place those in front of the Palisade unless you are bia$$ed. I was very impressed with the Telluride since I tested it before the Palisade, but once my wife and I rode the Palisade, the decision was easy. All the great things you tend to like about the Telluride are in the Palisade plus more refinement and comfort. The Ascent has issues and I don't feel they are competitive at this level and for the price. We have not found any issues with ours and now that it has brand new Smart Liners, it's looking really good!

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
While motor trend lists palisade as #4, all the other raters, car buzz, KBB, and others all give the Palisade much higher point ratings. Pilot gets a 8.5, ascent gets a 8.1 and palisade gets an 8.9 on car buzz

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah I watched that Motortrend review and there is no way the Palisade should be behind the Pilot, Ascent and Telluride. Test drove them all, owned a 2015 Lexus RX350 and 2019 Infinity QX-60 and there is no way you can place those in front of the Palisade unless you are bia$$ed. I was very impressed with the Telluride since I tested it before the Palisade, but once my wife and I rode the Palisade, the decision was easy. All the great things you tend to like about the Telluride are in the Palisade plus more refinement and comfort. The Ascent has issues and I don't feel they are competitive at this level and for the price. We have not found any issues with ours and now that it has brand new Smart Liners, it's looking really good!
Are the smart liners better than the oem liners ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not sure as I only seen the oems in pictures, the Smartliners quality is premium and are way cheaper as we got the whole set including the full cargo area for 280.00 A whole set like that would be way more for the oem products, Weathertechs and others. But for us really the determining factor was the look and feel of the Smartliners, which my wife liked better.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Me too. I could see no rational justification for their ranking other than subjectively they like the looks of the Kia and they don't want to go against the other first place finishes of the Kia. Not saying that the Kia wasn't my second choice, but harsh ride in the Palisade!! really? These motoring journalists are a bunch of precious snobs anyway. If I hear one more time, " oooh, it doesn't have a manual transmission for me to heel and toe" or " the Mazda Miata is the pinnacle of driving goodness" Move on already. And I didn't see a listing of the additional features that one gets in the Palisade over the Telluride? Power reclining seats in the third row seats for example. Naah, they are obsessed with the shape of the grill.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got them off their actual website (link below) where I was able to apply a coupon as opposed to Amazon where I couldn't...I think the savings over Amazon was $9.00
use coupon VIDEO10 for 10% discount

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looked at the Telluride first, would not even test drive it as the Palisade is a lot nicer for my taste in and outside. Drove my brothers Subaru and no comparison to space and engine etc. Had my 2020 Palisade since July 2019 when they came out and would not trade it for any of them. Drove to Florida in December and back to Wisconsin in March an could not be happier with the drive and handling. I think I’ll keep it. lol
I now have over 8000 miles and odometer readings cumulative for all those miles reflect average 26.7 mpg on the display. If I put it on cruise control at 57-60 mph got well over 30 + mpg every time driving half hour to hour driving (trip) time while in Florida.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I got them off their actual website (link below) where I was able to apply a coupon as opposed to Amazon where I couldn't...I think the savings over Amazon was $9.00
use coupon VIDEO10 for 10% discount

View attachment 1030 View attachment 1031 View attachment 1032 View attachment 1033 View attachment 1034
Thanks. Appreciate it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts