Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will it really be about $30 a month for blue link, drive guidance, and nav after the 3 years?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Will it really be about $30 a month for blue link, drive guidance, and nav after the 3 years?
I don't think anyone can predict the cost of something 3 years from now. Hyundai may raise the prices, add features, add new packages at different price points... etc.

As of today, the 3 packages are $9.99/month each or $99/year. So yes, it is about $30/month, although you're better off going with the yearly plan since it saves ~$60/y.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I thought only BlueLink is paid service after 3 years. Do we have to pay for Navigation, drive guidance too?
The 3 packages are actually called Connected Care, Remote and Guidance. And yes, after 3 years, you have to pay for all 3.

• Connected Care is the basic Blue Link stuff, such as the app (not remote stuff though), the Emergency assistance, on-demand diags... etc.
  • Remote is obviously, remote start, remote other stuff, stolen vehicle recovery... etc. As I'm reading this, I notice something called: "Scheduled Head Unit Software". Wonder if that means updates...
  • Guidance is the destination search, the send-to-car functionality, free map updates for built-in nav... etc. To be clear, you can use the built-in nav (if you have it) without this package. This enhances the nav - it's not required.
For more details, log in to your myhyundai account, then click on Manage Subscription under Blue Link. The packages are detailed on the next page.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The 3 packages are actually called Connected Care, Remote and Guidance. And yes, after 3 years, you have to pay for all 3.

• Connected Care is the basic Blue Link stuff, such as the app (not remote stuff though), the Emergency assistance, on-demand diags... etc.
  • Remote is obviously, remote start, remote other stuff, stolen vehicle recovery... etc. As I'm reading this, I notice something called: "Scheduled Head Unit Software". Wonder if that means updates...
  • Guidance is the destination search, the send-to-car functionality, free map updates for built-in nav... etc. To be clear, you can use the built-in nav (if you have it) without this package. This enhances the nav - it's not required.
For more details, log in to your myhyundai account, then click on Manage Subscription under Blue Link. The packages are detailed on the next page.
It costs $30 per month? Wow, expensive. Are there any annual packages?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
It costs $30 per month? Wow, expensive. Are there any annual packages?
In my post further up in this thread:

"The 3 packages are $9.99/month each or $99/year. So yes, it is about $30/month, although you're better off going with the yearly plan since it saves ~$60/y."

·
Registered
59 Posts
No one's come out and said it yet so I will: right now it is $300/year if you want all 3 services and prepay for a year. I agree that's pretty steep. Doubtful I'll pay for any of that since I use my iPhone for navigation anyway and will just use CarPlay.

I let the similar feature, Uconnect, expire on our Chrysler Pacifica after the first year. The funny thing with the Uconnect app, when I open it up now, it tells me "Subscription expired." But when I click the "Info" button, it still gives me current fuel level, odometer reading, tire pressure, and oil life remaining, which is all valuable information for me since it is the vehicle my wife drives and this way I can keep track of this better and know when to change oil next, maybe be a nice guy and run get gas for her, etc. I can't use the remote start/unlock features, though. Never used those through the app anyway since it is on the hand held remote. But I'm getting the remote monitoring features I want without having to pay anything. It expired 3 months ago and continues to work to this day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts