Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s everyone going with?

Tuxmats vs weather Tech vs Hyundai all weather mats they on site?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Got weather tech in my ford pickup. Just fitted Tuxmat to the Hyundai. Weather tech more plastic and solid but my personal choice would be Tuxmat. I’d put them into the ford if I was to buy new matts for it. But maybe the fit of weather tech in my pick isn’t as good as other vehicles?

·
Registered
145 Posts
FWIW, I came across a few other brands/products that are custom fit for the Palisade:

Personally, I'm a weathertech fan but they haven't made the 2nd/3rd rows nor the cargo liner for our cars yet. So I went looking for alternative brands, and these popped up. I already have the front row weathertech mats, and I may just go without liners for the back rows/cargo for now. I might consider picking up the cargo liner from toughpro if weathertech never ends up making em.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the Tuxmats, and I like them. The only ding I could give them is not using the Palisade's existing floor mat holders, but they are good quality.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Really like the WeatherTech floor liners. Great coverage and seems very durable. They typically make very nice products. Also they use the existing floor mat clips and fit perfectly. Hyundai's offering only covers the two rows so far.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does anyone know if the Weathertechs "Cocoa" color is a close match to the Beige-Brown interiors of a Palisade limited?
I am about ready to buy it but my wife wants to make sure it matches. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have Weathertechs in 3 of my cars. If I had a pickup truck that I constantly tracked mud into then I'd stay with Weathertech, but after 3 cars and many years with them, I won't be buying them for my Palisade or any future family car. They are hard plastic shells. Granted they are well made and fit well, but I personally don't want a hard plastic floor. Weathertech to me gives the car a colder vibe. They are great for catching spills and mud so they'll save your carpets for the next owner, but I want to enjoy a warmer feeling car for myself while I own it.

Currently using the Hyundai carpeted mats and I'm waiting for 3D Maxpider Kagus to become more widely available.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Those 3D Maxpider look nice, any idea when they are coming or if they are even in the plans? We are looking to carry 5 kids around, ages 1,3,5,8,10, so we need some durable mats. Our palisade came with Carpeted Floor Mats but we were looking for sturdier material to withstand the abuse.

·
Registered
112 Posts
they are sold in Canada already, and Walmart.com sells some versions but I haven't seen them carry all 3 rows with captain's chairs version. I think they currently have the 3 rows with center row bench.

Once I saw the 3D Maxpider Kagu in person I knew I'd never buy Weathertech again. Weathertech's are super functional, but might as well have bare metal floors since to me it's similar in "feel"

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just installed Weathertech floormats and cargo mat. The cargo mat doesn't offer the split feature of the Hyundai mat, but I've had a van for 5 years and no one has ever been in the back seat so for me the split isn't a feature. I think the Weathertech would do a better job containing spills plus I opted for the bumper cover that I don't think other mats offer.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The weathertechs I’ve had in my van’s second row and cargo bay had collapsed edges and didn’t contain spills. Plus they started looking pretty ugly after a few years. I keep staring at my weathertechs in my sonata and want to replace them.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had the weathertechs in my Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland and the same problem of edges in the rear mat rolling over. I won't make the same mistake for my Palisade.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I posted pictures of my 3D Maxpiders in another thread, but I'll add them here if some of you interested didn't see my pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts

Don't know if this has been posted already but there's this company called ToughPro that makes this honeycomb pattern for our Palisades. Made in the USA and laser fitting. The best part? For three rows, it's only about $80!!! The third row mats also covers the isle between second rows' aisle. Seems to be pretty durable and looks nice on my beige interior.

I found out about this on a Telluride forum initially and sure enough, their website has it for the Palisades. Only down side is the non existing side wall like the Weathertech

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm sure the cost can be kept lower since they don't have any raised edges. Those ToughPro mats are a sheet laser cut to the floor. It's a simple process to make relative to molding a mat with raised edges (and designing a product where those edges won't curl over as they do in the Weathertechs!).

The ToughPro looks a lot like Rubbertite mats:

·
Registered
112 Posts
WeatherTech clones if that’s what one is looking for

and why did you provide a link for a Tucson when you’re on a Palisade forum?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Those 3D Maxpider look nice, any idea when they are coming or if they are even in the plans? We are looking to carry 5 kids around, ages 1,3,5,8,10, so we need some durable mats. Our palisade came with Carpeted Floor Mats but we were looking for sturdier material to withstand the abuse.
We do have these in stock:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts