Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know about the downloadable map update that was supposed to be available on May 15?

·
Registered
662 Posts
About 2 weeks ago, they updated the splash screen from saying it would be available May 15th to "Mid-May", so seems to be still pending.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The other question is will the dealer have the most current update. I am due for an oil change in about a week and would like for them to do it then.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just received an answer to my email I sent to MapnSoft and they said they are having problems and the downloadable map update is still not ready. They did not give me a date when it would be ready.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Would the map download be a paid version from what is currently installed? I just bought it last week :cool: and would like to make sure I have the latest map version.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The map update downloads are free for the first 3 years. They were supposed to have the new update available for update on May 18, but they are having problems and said the download would not be available until later. The did not give a new date; they just said check back on the website later.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Awesome, thank you for clarifying. Toyota wanted $350+ per update. UGH
A couple of things worth noting: you VIN has to be recognized by the system in order to get the free map updates. That can take 4 to 6 weeks after purchase, so you’re going to have to wait a little.
Also, when I called mapnsoft, they told me they will start providing updates for free for 10 years. I’ll believe it when I see it, but it’s worth mentioning.
One last thing: even though the download isn’t available yet (expected any day), the new update can be obtained on a flash drive for $25 + shipping. Not that this matters to you since your VIN is likely not in the system yet, as mentioned above.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The newest map update took away my full screen for CarPlay! And my weather is no longer working. What a mess. Beware!!!
Thanks for the warning. Is the functionality even present to do full screen CarPlay or does it appear to be some sort of bug?

Anyone else having these issues?

·
Registered
11 Posts
It functions...but you can’t make it full screen because the right widget will not disappear.
Can you post a photo when you get a chance? I'd like to grasp the impact of this before I do the update. So it sounds like the "split screen CarPlay" was not an additional feature, but rather a replacement for the full screen CarPlay?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts