Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
367 Posts
Per Mapnsoft support the update was pulled due to an issue of installer not starting properly on some head units. If you already installed it then it's fine. There's nothing wrong with it which is what I was asking them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
As of today, October 30, the October update for Palisades with the large navigation screen is not yet available. Maybe the many comments and suggestions I have made finally got to someone who can actually make the needed changes? Nah! I forgot we're talking about Hyundai. That would never happen.
That's a bummer for Android users.. Hope this will be fixed on the next release when I get my Palisade..

·
Registered
13 Posts
It is quite frustrating indeed for Android users and Palisade 2023 owners like me to don't have the widescreen option. At least, if they could provide a date of when the problem will be resolved. We are completely in the dark at the moment.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
443 Posts
It is quite frustrating indeed for Android users and Palisade 2023 owners like me to don't have the widescreen option. At least, if they could provide a date of when the problem will be resolved. We are completely in the dark at the moment.
Someone who bought a 2020 Palisade three years ago had to wait over two and a half years for Hyundai to add that capability with the April 2022 update.

Even if you have to wait another month, that’s nothing. Also note that you did have the update available to you for several days and you missed it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mapnsoft site is currently saying mid-November, so maybe sometime this week? I'm waiting for this update as well to see what the new AA Coolwalk redesign looks like in full screen. Looks pretty good on 2/3rds of the screen but the extra real estate should make it even better.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
443 Posts
Mapnsoft site is currently saying mid-November, so maybe sometime this week? I'm waiting for this update as well to see what the new AA Coolwalk redesign looks like in full screen. Looks pretty good on 2/3rds of the screen but the extra real estate should make it even better.
Did you forget to do the April update? That was the one that allowed Hyundai and Kia widescreens to have Android Auto utilize the entire screen.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did you forget to do the April update? That was the one that allowed Hyundai and Kia widescreens to have Android Auto utilize the entire screen.
So I actually downloaded the April update but just never got around to installing it. Then got a new computer and didn't copy the files over. Now I'm wishing I had. Can't blame anyone but myself 🤣.

·
Registered
78 Posts
At least you
Maybe I'm just nostalgic but I do like the Nixie tube radio display in my '23. It's the one bit of artistic expression in an otherwise generic user interface. However, I need a map update since all of the interstate exit numbers are wrong in Massachusetts after being changed last year. Is that fixed in this map update?
Tell me about it. This is my favorite radio display on any car I’ve ever owned. I’ll only update this if there’s a huge benefit which currently there doesn’t seem to be (other than seeing it’s on “80’s on 8” in three different places).

This radio display inspired me to buy an actual Nixie tube clock from what’s left of the old Nixie tube stock. The tubes themselves have been out of production for decades so the tubes themselves are a finite resource.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Sel Premium
153 Posts
Could someone who has uploaded the new data post a picture of what the new radio screen please?

TIA
It didn't change much from the April 22 update, just some more album cover graphics ...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Are u using AA beta? How you get coolwalk its not available yet.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
443 Posts
Coolwalk has begun to roll out in beta in the last week.

There are some improvements to the widgets you see when multiple things are on screen. And when certain apps support it (and you really want it), you can go full screen with a single app (no workaround required). Currently Google Maps is one of the few (only?) that allows you to go full screen.

Here’s some before/after shots of maps as primary with the music widget as secondary:
Light Font Line Slope Technology

And music as primary and maps as secondary:
Font Screenshot Technology Slope Software

Finally, here is what Google Maps looked like before when you reduced your resolution to 1280 px wide to force the old interface, vs in Coolwalk with Google Maps expanded to use the whole screen:
Slope Font Technology Engineering Electric blue

It’s still in beta, so surely there may still be some improvements and changes. It definitely does behave more like CarPlay in certain ways. Nice for Android Auto users to have a little more flexibility in what can be displayed.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Coolwalk has begun to roll out in beta in the last week.

There are some improvements to the widgets you see when multiple things are on screen. And when certain apps support it (and you really want it), you can go full screen with a single app (no workaround required). Currently Google Maps is one of the few (only?) that allows you to go full screen.

Here’s some before/after shots of maps as primary with the music widget as secondary: View attachment 7837

And music as primary and maps as secondary:
View attachment 7839

Finally, here is what Google Maps looked like before when you reduced your resolution to 1280 px wide to force the old interface, vs in Coolwalk with Google Maps expanded to use the whole screen:
View attachment 7840

It’s still in beta, so surely there may still be some improvements and changes. It definitely does behave more like CarPlay in certain ways. Nice for Android Auto users to have a little more flexibility in what can be displayed.
Thanks for the infor. I was waiting for this for months. But every time I checked their beta testing program is full. Without signup for beta testing I can't activate the coolwalk even I side load the beta apk file. Hopefully they will release this update soon to the public.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yep running AA beta. Managed to join the program before it filled up. But keep checking the Play Store as they'll sometimes open it up for more users (though last check showed it was full again).

Also just read on Mapnsofts site that the update has been pushed to early December.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the infor. I was waiting for this for months. But every time I checked their beta testing program is full. Without signup for beta testing I can't activate the coolwalk even I side load the beta apk file. Hopefully they will release this update soon to the public.
If you've installed the latest beta APK I've read on some forums that rebooting your phone and/or clearing the apps cache several times might activate the Coolwalk UI... seems to be a mixed bag of results though so may not work for all. But worth a shot if you haven't tried.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Sel Premium
153 Posts
I have never updated my maps before. The update was started at 5:45 PM and finished at 12AM, yes that long and it had to run twice! May be the first and last update I do. lol
The reason it took so long is because you never updated before... So it had to do each and every update you were missing... Now that you're up to date, future updates will take about an hour and you can do them with the vehicle off...

61 - 80 of 104 Posts