Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
2023 Palisade Calligraphy
29 Posts
Just installed on the wife's '23 Calligraphy. Everything went smoothly, probably took about an hour. Did NOT lose any radio presets and the low volume error appears to be fixed. Digital Key still works, and profiles are still present/

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL Moonlight Cloud
429 Posts
I do like that I can start the update going, shut the vehicle off, and just come back latter when it's finished, which is as it should be!!!

I didn't really notice much change in the radio since I don't listen to it very much.

I will say that this version seems better optimized. Boot time this morning is significantly faster than in the past and overall the system seems "zippier" I tried out some stuff like navigation and sending my wife a voice text. Very smooth. It is interesting just that slightly faster response time can make in the system feeling laggy versus now.

·
Registered
2023 Palisade XRT
3 Posts
Maybe I'm just nostalgic but I do like the Nixie tube radio display in my '23. It's the one bit of artistic expression in an otherwise generic user interface. However, I need a map update since all of the interstate exit numbers are wrong in Massachusetts after being changed last year. Is that fixed in this map update?

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Sel Premium
153 Posts
Should be..
Maybe I'm just nostalgic but I do like the Nixie tube radio display in my '23. It's the one bit of artistic expression in an otherwise generic user interface. However, I need a map update since all of the interstate exit numbers are wrong in Massachusetts after being changed last year. Is that fixed in this map update?
Should be...

·
Registered
2023 Palisade XRT
3 Posts
OK. So I went ahead and performed the upgrade. I downloaded the update onto a 64GB USB drive using the Windows app then inserted it. I started the car and it immediately prompted me to do the update Now or Later. I picked Now and, after a few minutes, the update started. While updating it said that the update would continue if the car was tuned off. So I shut it off and when I came back a hour later it was done. I did a spot check on the Mass exit numbering issue and that seems to be corrected. A bit sad about losing the Nixie tubes but I'm happy with the Nav update. I don't think I lost any of my user settings.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Isn't this version suppost to support fullscreen Android auto? Anyone get it to work, tried the method below with no luck... teied View attachment 7736
If I remember correctly, make sure Split Screen is not enabled under Settings - Device Connections - Phone Projection - Android Auto.

This way, Android Auto has control of the full screen. But AA does not allow the map to be full screen on this infotainment system with this screen resolution. It uses the last third for something else. You can go into Developer Settings (I think) to change the resolution down to 720p and force AA to use that, but you'd be losing resolution just for the sake of having the map use the full screen. I don't use Android, so other people might be able to give you more details. It was also posted on here in the past (in the previous update's thread) if you do a search.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
443 Posts
If I remember correctly, make sure Split Screen is not enabled under Settings - Device Connections - Phone Projection - Android Auto.

This way, Android Auto has control of the full screen. But AA does not allow the map to be full screen on this infotainment system with this screen resolution. It uses the last third for something else. You can go into Developer Settings (I think) to change the resolution down to 720p and force AA to use that, but you'd be losing resolution just for the sake of having the map use the full screen. I don't use Android, so other people might be able to give you more details. It was also posted on here in the past (in the previous update's thread) if you do a search.
This is exactly correct.

Here’s a video I made back in the spring with my Telluride. Everything also applies to the Palisade.

At the end, I show the workaround for those who are desperate to have a single app span the whole screen. I don’t recommend it, but many people ask for it for some reason. I think the default widescreen view is the most useful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Isn't this version suppost to support fullscreen Android auto? Anyone get it to work, tried the method below with no luck... teied View attachment 7736

Got it, thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
As of today, October 30, the October update for Palisades with the large navigation screen is not yet available. Maybe the many comments and suggestions I have made finally got to someone who can actually make the needed changes? Nah! I forgot we're talking about Hyundai. That would never happen.

41 - 60 of 104 Posts