Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

Map update 14.5 out now (August 2020 update)

33K views 119 replies 42 participants last post by  BobMc 
#1 · (Edited)
The August 2020 map update Version 14.5 Map Update (NAM.13.47.44.xxx) is now out.

No new features this time. Only map updates. Although it does state the following in the release notes:
"Along with the new map and points of interest, the map update includes refinement of the system including routing, functionality, and overall ease-of-use."

If you didn't get v14.0 (NAM.13.41.42.xxx) back in May (which had a bunch of new features), you will get it as part of this update. The release notes list all the changes, going back all the way to 13.5:

As always, go to www.mapnsoft.com to get your update.

Apparently, we're supposed to go to Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website now. Use your myhundai.com login when the application prompts you.

#8 ·
So, this update will take some time!

The computer download and copy to USB took a while, but then the car update... Wow.

I started with doing a "general update" or something - the middle selection. Problem was my car was running and I was home and it looked like it was going to take at least an hour or so. I stopped it and turned car off, accessories on and then did quick update. It said it would take 25 minutes and you cannot use the car while it updates. So it sat in the garage while I did yardwork.

Anyway, plan on letting it update a while.

Now to see if it stops trying to send me down the wrong way of one-way streets every time I leave my house. Hope so.

#56 ·
So, this update will take some time!

The computer download and copy to USB took a while, but then the car update... Wow.

I started with doing a "general update" or something - the middle selection. Problem was my car was running and I was home and it looked like it was going to take at least an hour or so. I stopped it and turned car off, accessories on and then did quick update. It said it would take 25 minutes and you cannot use the car while it updates. So it sat in the garage while I did yardwork.

Anyway, plan on letting it update a while.

Now to see if it stops trying to send me down the wrong way of one-way streets every time I leave my house. Hope so.
Are you saying you cannot drive the car while its updating or you cant use the navigation while its updating

#9 ·
I failed to write the USB stick with the Mapnsoft program. Used update.hyundai.com that wrote the update to the USB stick. When I went to update the maps on the car, the unit said it already had that software, but permitted me to run anyway. Once completed (about 35 minutes) the maps were updated to the new level.

The update.hyundai.com site gives no level indication of what it is downloading. A flaw.

I was also able to download free updated maps for my 2015 Hyundai Genesis, a first.

#17 ·
I was able to download to my computer, but when I tried to copy to a USB drive through the software it froze. I restarted the program and no get an error saying it is being prepared. Can I just copy the files myself from my computer to the USB drive and do the upgrade? The files are in a folder created called 2020_Palisade_USA. 17 files 23.5 GB

#24 ·
The August 2020 map update Version 14.5 Map Update (NAM.13.47.44.xxx) is now out.

No new features this time. Only map updates. Although it does state the following in the release notes:
"Along with the new map and points of interest, the map update includes refinement of the system including routing, functionality, and overall ease-of-use."

If you didn't get v14.0 (NAM.13.41.42.xxx) back in May (which had a bunch of new features), you will get it as part of this update. The release notes list all the changes, going back all the way to 13.5:

Apparently, we're supposed to go to Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website now. Use your myhundai.com login when the application prompts you.
my Palisade was built 5/2020 and my software version is NAM.12.47.44.510.205.3 and looks like it DOES NEED an update.

thank you for your above link BUT i am however unable to download the file?

#32 ·

Tried going to Hyundai web site, said no update available for our 2020 limited!?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.