Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
Luxury (Canada) Black/Black
11 Posts
Just completed the 14.5 Update on my 2020 Canadian Model Palisade. All I have to say is that it was a mistake to do "General Update" not only did it take 4+ hours, my car turned off automatically mid-way which may have caused an update issue and after the General Update completed my Map and Weather did not work! went into the SW version screen and Nav App ver and Map ver both showed BLANK!.
I re-tried using "quick update" the next day and it took maybe 30 mins, and everything is re-installed properly.

did anyone notice that some of the menu and setting names have changed? e.g:
"Driver Talk" became "Passenger Talk"
"User Settings" under Settings became "Button".
etc.etc.etc.

Long Story Short for any new viewers: DO NOT HIT "GENERAL UPDATE", ONLY HIT "QUICK UPDATE"!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
My favorite part of the update is notifications for intersections with those photo cameras. Approached one the other day and the voice alerted me to it. The default is 1/4 mile in the settings (before you are notified). This doesn't allow much time to react if you're driving 45+. I changed that setting to 1/2 mile and it's perfect.
Can you please help to find a way how to change it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is only for infotainment units with navigation. This update only has changes to the maps, not features, so it would be useless to anyone without navigation anyway.

From Mapcare | Home page or Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website?
I downloaded the nav update with a 64GB USB drive and it took about 3 hours. But now where I had all my favorite radio stations listed in the order that I like to listen to them-whether it was FM or XM, my favorite radio stations list are in chronological order and according to either FM or XM....anything I can do to change this?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
I downloaded the nav update with a 64GB USB drive and it took about 3 hours. But now where I had all my favorite radio stations listed in the order that I like to listen to them-whether it was FM or XM, my favorite radio stations list are in chronological order and according to either FM or XM....anything I can do to change this?
Not that I know of. This is a change that they've made that a lot of people dislike.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone installed the 14.5 update on their 2021 palisade? It's 3 months later and I'm still not seeing the 2021 option (only 2020) for this vehicle.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Anyone installed the 14.5 update on their 2021 palisade? It's 3 months later and I'm still not seeing the 2021 option (only 2020) for this vehicle.
There's a new one coming this month. Hopefully it will include 2021 models. It should be out around the end of the month.

·
Super Moderator
1,109 Posts
My bad. It is the Mapnsoft site which says it is Nov.23
The hyundai update site said coming in nov. on one of there postings

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited AWD Burgundy/Beige
97 Posts
This is the worst updating process in the history of updates! I remember Commodore 64 games with 5 floppies that were not this painful!

You basically have to leave your car running for 2-3 hours.

Someone put a permanent memory card reader, or do it over cellular or wifi! Jesus Christ is this the worst update process!

·
Premium Member
Limited, Hyper White, Tan interior
27 Posts
I suppose that we are getting what we paid for it but it is an unimaginably terrible process in 2020.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited AWD Burgundy/Beige
97 Posts
Par for the worst year this century.

I am on step 1/5 and it has been over 2 hours and an 1/8th of a tank of gas!

Someone should be shot for thinking...yeah this is a good way to seed updates!

A 500 GB microSD card is $25 bucks and this is the update system they came up with.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #116

I am on step 1/5 and it has been over 2 hours.

A 500 GB microSD card is $25 bucks and this is the update system they came up with.
You should have done the quick update, not the general update. Also note that this thread is for the August update. There is a new thread for the November update.

·
Registered
14 Posts

I am on step 1/5 and it has been over 2 hours and an 1/8th of a tank of gas!

2 hours?!? Step 1 was definitely the longest for me, but the whole update only took about 28 minutes...

·
Premium Member
Limited, Hyper White, Tan interior
27 Posts
Hmmm, the actual update to the vehicle from the USB key was just over 30 minutes. The arduous download, unzipping, and copy to the USB key took well over an hour. This is a wonderful offering from Hyundai handicapped by this update process.

101 - 118 of 118 Posts