Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
Burgundy SEL with convenience package, premium package, sunroof option,and drive guidance option
18 Posts
if by ignition on you mean engine running; and by car running meaning moving?

you can have the engine running without the car the moving and do the update, yes. i did my update in my driveway. i made a huge BLUNDER by picking GENERAL UPDATE. Don't do the same mistake as i did. im still wanting to get the 3 plus hours that i wasted.

if by ignition on you mean just ACC ON, i believe you can still do the update but is discouraged because this may drain your battery.
As I live in Florida cant leave car idling for an hour heat index 100+ called map place they said they prefer car in park but if you do it while driving make sure you turn off blue tooth on phones so if you get a call it doesn't interrupt the download. Instead of general update what should you have picked?

·
Registered
41 Posts
As I live in Florida cant leave car idling for an hour heat index 100+ called map place they said they prefer car in park but if you do it while driving make sure you turn off blue tooth on phones so if you get a call it doesn't interrupt the download. Instead of general update what should you have picked?
Quick Update <<=== THIS ONE.. itll be a 30min process... if you value your time DO NOT PICK General Update...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Question: is there a software update for my 2021 Palisade Limited AWD? I downloaded the updater software for Mac and it doesn't show 2021 Palisade, only 2020.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Question: is there a software update for my 2021 Palisade Limited AWD? I downloaded the updater software for Mac and it doesn't show 2021 Palisade, only 2020.

View attachment 1964
You’ll need to scroll down to show the map version too. That’s the one that is documented.

If the updater doesn’t show 2021 models, it might be wise to wait.

·
Premium Member
Limited, Hyper White, Tan interior
27 Posts
The “quick update” only replaces the files with changes and took about 20 minutes of idling.

·
Super Moderator
1,109 Posts
Did mine here in Glendale, AZ with Palisade running and temp was 114.
No over heating of engine

·
Registered
12 Posts
You’ll need to scroll down to show the map version too. That’s the one that is documented.

If the updater doesn’t show 2021 models, it might be wise to wait.
Here is the Map Ver FYI. Is this a newer version than on the 2020 models?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was able to download to my computer, but when I tried to copy to a USB drive through the software it froze. I restarted the program and no get an error saying it is being prepared. Can I just copy the files myself from my computer to the USB drive and do the upgrade? The files are in a folder created called 2020_Palisade_USA. 17 files 23.5 GB
Yes. I downloaded it to my computer, closed the software, then transferred it to my microSD, which I use with a USB adapter. My files are 23.5 GB as well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Until the Hyundai software people learn how to design a straight forward user interface and bug-free high level software under the U.I. I'll stay away from it for a while. I've wasted enough time on it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
This is the message I receive in mapsoft and in the Hyundai portal as well. "Sorry, map update is currently on hold for this model as we conduct further testing. An update will be made available as soon as possible. Thank you."
Great. I updated the day it was released and now it's "on hold for further testing". I wonder what gremlins are lurking in my car. When will I learn not to be a guinea pig.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Windows user and I just downloaded it onto my USB drive. Took a little less than 1/2 an hour for the loading? Now just need to find time when I'll be driving the car for a bit since I don't want to sit and idle in my driveway while it loads into the car.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Great. I updated the day it was released and now it's "on hold for further testing". I wonder what gremlins are lurking in my car. When will I learn not to be a guinea pig.
It’s no longer on hold. Hasn’t been since 9/2.

·
Super Moderator
1,109 Posts
when I got my Palisade it had map VAM13.41.42.660.202 that was in Jan.2020
I updated in MAY and it showed VAM 13.47.44.680.101.5
After this Sept. update it shows VAM13.47.44.680.201

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
when I got my Palisade it had map VAM13.41.42.660.202 that was in Jan.2020
I updated in MAY and it showed VAM 13.47.44.680.101.5
After this Sept. update it shows VAM13.47.44.680.201
That doesn’t add up.

You must have had 12.47.44.xxx at first. 13.41.42 is the one that came out in May that they called V14. You can’t have had that in January. The two 13.47.44 are this August/September update. Did you do it twice? Meaning at the end of August, then again in early September as they re-released it?

You can see in the release notes (see PDF link in first post of this thread) that v13.41.42 was “V14” from May. That PDFG goes back all the way to 12.47.44.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My Palisade Limited (USA) was manufactured Jan 2020. I purchased it on 02-28-20. It has progressed through the following map versions:

NAM.12.47.44.510.205.3 (Original: Before May Update)
NAM.13.41.42.660.202 (After May Update)
NAM.13.47.44.680.201 (After Aug Update)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
My Palisade Limited (USA) was manufactured Jan 2020. I purchased it on 02-28-20. It has progressed through the following map versions:

NAM.12.47.44.510.205.3 (Original: Before May Update)
NAM.13.41.42.660.202 (After May Update)
NAM.13.47.44.680.201 (After Aug Update)
Yeah that makes more sense. That matches mine.

61 - 80 of 118 Posts