Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving today, a reminder to get service done popped on the screen. It allows you to link directly to Hyundai if desired. I only have 3250 miles so not sure what service is needed at this time. Car is 8 months old. So it's not a time issue either. I looked thru the booklets and did not find a Maintenance book. I have warranty, user's manual, BlueLink, etc.
Maybe Im missing it? Does anyone else have it?

I looked at hyundaiusa and they recommend first service at 7500 miles.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
understood.

but is there a booklet to document maintenance done?
If you haven't already done it, set up an account on
The dealer logs all service done on your vehicle and it keeps a service record for you online. If the dealer fails to do it or you do the service at home or somewhere else, you have the option of entering the information yourself.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Palisade / 2010 Jeep JK
1 Posts
Indeed, the Palisade's owner's manual calls for regular maintenance, including an oil and filter change, every 7,500 miles under a normal driving schedule. The interval drops to 3,750 miles under a severe schedule

·
Registered
135 Posts
I ended up buying a Maintenance Booklet off Amazon to record everything I do at home as I am NO fan of taking my vehicles into the dealer and being raked over the coals for things I can easily do myself.

I also have a 2008 Sonata Limited and I never took it to the dealer unless it was warranty work or a recall and I can count on one hand how many times I have had to take it to a shop to get it fixed other than tires (since I don't own a tire mounting machine :) ) Changing fluids and filters is way too easy and doesn't really require any special tools.

My Palisade did come with free synthetic oil changes but I would have to drive 3 hours each way to get it done which kind of defeats the purpose.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ended up buying a Maintenance Booklet off Amazon to record everything I do at home as I am NO fan of taking my vehicles into the dealer and being raked over the coals for things I can easily do myself.

I also have a 2008 Sonata Limited and I never took it to the dealer unless it was warranty work or a recall and I can count on one hand how many times I have had to take it to a shop to get it fixed other than tires (since I don't own a tire mounting machine :) ) Changing fluids and filters is way too easy and doesn't really require any special tools.

My Palisade did come with free synthetic oil changes but I would have to drive 3 hours each way to get it done which kind of defeats the purpose.
i absolutely agree.
but if an oil change is only 50$ ill have a shop or dealer do it. but dealers always find something else "wrong" with the car.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Driving today, a reminder to get service done popped on the screen. It allows you to link directly to Hyundai if desired. I only have 3250 miles so not sure what service is needed at this time. Car is 8 months old. So it's not a time issue either. I looked thru the booklets and did not find a Maintenance book. I have warranty, user's manual, BlueLink, etc.
Maybe Im missing it? Does anyone else have it?

I looked at hyundaiusa and they recommend first service at 7500 miles.

thanks in advance.
Same situation. My dealer suggested the first oil change at 3000 miles. I am certain this was programmed into BlueLink and the notification pushed when the mileage criteria was met.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have 2,400 miles on my Palisade and have had it since March. A service reminder popped up on the screen. I asked my Service Advisor and was told that Hyundai programs the first service for 4 months or 4K miles, which ever comes 1st. They told me to not reset it, but bring it in when I reach 4k miles.

·
Registered
91 Posts
This is really a sore spot with me. In addition to our Palisade we have a Kia Sedona, both of which are serviced by the respective dealers. Our Kia dealer sets the reminder to 3750 miles. Even after I set it to 7000 miles they reset it back to 3750 miles. The last time I had it serviced (at 45,000 miles) thay recommended over $700 of "maintenance" items. Things like change the coolant, flush the transaxle and a bunch of other things I can't remember. I asked if this was recommended by Kia and they said it was, and not doing these things would invalidate the warranty. I declined the service and before picking the car up looked in the owners manual and determined that they were recommending the "Severe use" schedule. They even recommended things not even on the severe schedule. The manual also defines 11 items that determine severe use, none of which applied in my case. I quizzed not only the service adviser but the service manager and was told that my state was considered a "severe" state because it gets hot and cold, thus the severe schedule is required. That is absolute BS. "Hot and cold" is not a determining factor. Servicing your vehicle twice as often as recommended will not benefit your car in any way, but does double your maintenance cost. Implying that not following their recommendations will invalidate your warranty is simply lying. Personally I consider this fraudulent and notified Kia corporate and got a "thank you for bringing this to our attention" email. In other words they're not going to do anything about this. I can't help but think about owners that don't read the manual and just follow the service advisor's "recommendation". This particular Kia dealer may be a particularly bad example - I've brought my Sedona home after having it serviced and found oil leaks (forgot to tighten the drain plug), trash in the car that wasn't mine, half assed wash job and tire pressures that varied over 10psi. Since they're the only dealer in town I'm done with Kia - my wife is getting a 2021 Santa Fe once Hyundai starts shipping them. Meanwhile the Sedona gets serviced by the Hyundai dealer, who has taken exceptional care of us since buying out Palisade.

Sorry for the rant.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is really a sore spot with me. In addition to our Palisade we have a Kia Sedona, both of which are serviced by the respective dealers. Our Kia dealer sets the reminder to 3750 miles. Even after I set it to 7000 miles they reset it back to 3750 miles. The last time I had it serviced (at 45,000 miles) thay recommended over $700 of "maintenance" items. Things like change the coolant, flush the transaxle and a bunch of other things I can't remember. I asked if this was recommended by Kia and they said it was, and not doing these things would invalidate the warranty. I declined the service and before picking the car up looked in the owners manual and determined that they were recommending the "Severe use" schedule. They even recommended things not even on the severe schedule. The manual also defines 11 items that determine severe use, none of which applied in my case. I quizzed not only the service adviser but the service manager and was told that my state was considered a "severe" state because it gets hot and cold, thus the severe schedule is required. That is absolute BS. "Hot and cold" is not a determining factor. Servicing your vehicle twice as often as recommended will not benefit your car in any way, but does double your maintenance cost. Implying that not following their recommendations will invalidate your warranty is simply lying. Personally I consider this fraudulent and notified Kia corporate and got a "thank you for bringing this to our attention" email. In other words they're not going to do anything about this. I can't help but think about owners that don't read the manual and just follow the service advisor's "recommendation". This particular Kia dealer may be a particularly bad example - I've brought my Sedona home after having it serviced and found oil leaks (forgot to tighten the drain plug), trash in the car that wasn't mine, half assed wash job and tire pressures that varied over 10psi. Since they're the only dealer in town I'm done with Kia - my wife is getting a 2021 Santa Fe once Hyundai starts shipping them. Meanwhile the Sedona gets serviced by the Hyundai dealer, who has taken exceptional care of us since buying out Palisade.

Sorry for the rant.
i agree 100%, service is where they make their $$$, not on selling cars. But w the palisades they are making $ since selling @ or over MSRP.
This is rampant with all dealers. I had an Audi w 3rd party extended warranty that I would bring in to dealer for service. They would ask me when I would let them do a non-warranty job so they could make some $. They wanted 1200$ for brake pads and rotors which I can do in my garage.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Sorry for the rant.
I feel your pain. i had same scenario. You really have to be on your toes. Dealerships recommended maintenance isn’t the same as manufacturers. The reason is dealers make very little money on sale of vehicles. The big money is in Parts and Service. When I go back in for scheduled maintenance I tell them exactly what I want not what the dealer wants. They don’t like it but They know I can pull owners manual and prove what I say.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts