Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

Do you feel a back and forth motion during acceleration?

• yes front wheel drive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes all wheel drive

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • no

Votes: 5 55.6%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 2021 Palasade and feel a back and forth motion when accelerating and to a lesser extent when cruising. This is the front wheel drive version. Dealer says no problem found. Sound familiar?

Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a new 2021 Palasade and feel a back and forth motion when accelerating and to a lesser extent when cruising. This is the front wheel drive version. Dealer says no problem found. Sound familiar?

Thanks
I have sensed a slight surging when accelerating as well. I wasn't sure if it was just me transitioning from my previous car or not , but I'm with you on this. I am trying to decide whether this is coming from the fuel delivery, or from the transmission but something isn't quite right there.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm going to try a bottle of the Chevron Techron in the next tank of fuel to see if things improve. It's unlikely to help as I only have 5000 km on the vehicle but it might. I will report back with the results.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have sensed a slight surging when accelerating as well. I wasn't sure if it was just me transitioning from my previous car or not , but I'm with you on this. I am trying to decide whether this is coming from the fuel delivery, or from the transmission but something isn't quite right there.
Have you noticed if it is behaving differently in any of the optional drive mode settings, my experience is it is less prone to doing it in sport mode...higher revs maybe smooths it out. I have to take it up with the dealer to get their opinion on it.
Sudden quick acceleration always happening when you least expect it...not easy finding the sweet spot in my experience, passengers think your driving aggressively when your not intentionally do it.
I’ll continue to monitor future posts to hopefully see more insights on the issue.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
420 Posts
I feel this as well but it's only when cruise is set and activated. Like when you have cruise set to a specific speed but instead of canceling it, you accel a little manually to pass. Additionally, I have the SCC enabled and following another vehicle. So I can't tell if the car is confused because technically the cruise is still set and I'm trying to get closer to the car in front of me?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Have you noticed if it is behaving differently in any of the optional drive mode settings, my experience is it is less prone to doing it in sport mode...higher revs maybe smooths it out. I have to take it up with the dealer to get their opinion on it.
Sudden quick acceleration always happening when you least expect it...not easy finding the sweet spot in my experience, passengers think your driving aggressively when your not intentionally do it.
I’ll continue to monitor future posts to hopefully see more insights on the issue.
I agree that in Sports Mode it doesn't seem as noticeable. I have the Techron in the tank now but I haven't noticed any change. I drive a lot in the city, and I am beginning to think that the transmission can't make up its mind which gear to be in. It does seem worse when going slow. I wonder if there is a software update for the transmission? I don't really think that my dealership is really on the ball for this things. They just like taking money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts