Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks! I'm creating new threads, trying to get some discussions going on the forums!? :) I've had my Limited FWD Palisade since the 4th now, really enjoying it!

One thing I've noticed recently is the car seems a little jerky, or maybe like it's shifting gears a bit sooner than needed at lower speeds. Almost feels like engine braking. It could be that this is my first 8 speed transmission, and I'm just not used to it. Has anyone else experienced this? It's pretty apparent when my speedometer goes from showing 20MPH to 19MPH - very noticeable downshift.

Maybe the same problem, but Ive also noticed that while slowing down, with my foot sitting lightly on the brake, it'll sort of let up a bit and I'll feel as if I need to press harder on the brake. Hard to describe. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I haven’t noticed the downshift you described but i did notice you having to press harder on the brake and the car letting up a bit.. I took notice of it but didn’t bother me much. Must be how they have configured the gear ratios.. lets see if others also experienced the same

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting, good to hear. There is a thread on the Telluride forums where people have said similar things about the noticeable gear downshifts while decelerating. Where I'm at, rush hour can be brutal at times, and there are often long bouts of drive time where my car's speed is constantly back and forth between 5mph - 30mph. These harsh gear shifts are very noticeable during these times. I can learn to live with it if's normal I guess. ¯\(ツ)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi
So far this is the only thing I noticed that I don’t like the low speed jerky hesitant downshift just as you described.had the same problem in my 2006 explorer for a year before they finally reprogrammed the computer.hopefully Hyundai doesn’t wait that long to fix this problem

·
Registered
214 Posts
That video link was created by Hyundai, it came via a web link to new owners that I received. It has a whole series of videos accessible that talk about the different function available on the Palisade. Below is the link for my Palisade Limited with AWD. The videos can be scrolled through from right to left.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The Palisade most certainly does NOT have a dual-clutch transmission. It's a standard 8-speed automatic.

I don't know why there is a video explaining how a dual-clutch transmission works in your personalized delivery page, because that's definitely not what's in the Palisade. It looks like it's a mistake - or they just give everyone the same videos, regardless of model. For what it's worth, I also see a video about the standard automatic transmission (SHIFTRONIC).

·
Registered
214 Posts
How to Use Hyundai’s SHIFTRONIC Manual Shifting Mode
If your Hyundai vehicle has the SHIFTRONIC feature, it means you can take control of your vehicle’s gear shifts as though you were driving a manual transmission-equipped vehicle. This is thanks to a dual-clutch transmission that allows the ease of an automatic transmission, while also providing shifting control to the you, the driver, if you so desire. Allow us to teach you more about Hyundai’s SHIFTRONIC manual shifting mode and how to use it down below.

This info is located at https://www.coastalhyundai.com/blog/how-to-use-hyundais-shiftronic-manual-shifting-mode/

·
Registered
214 Posts
This comes from Wikipedia as a history of Hyundai and double clutch transmissions:

The DCT transmissions used in some Hyundai and Kia passenger vehicles are supplied by Hyundai DYMOS. At the 2009 Geneva Motor Show, Hyundai unveiled ix-onic concept car, which was said to feature a six-speed dual-clutch transmission.[77]
Hyundai released the Veloster with the 6-speed EcoShift Dual Clutch Transmission in 2011.
Hyundai released the Sonata and Veloster Turbo with the 7-speed EcoShift Dual Clutch Transmission in 2015.
Hyundai released the i30 and Tucson SUV with the 7-speed EcoShift Dual Clutch Transmission in 2016.
Hyundai released the Elantra Sport with the 7-speed EcoShift Dual Clutch Transmission in 2017.
Hyundai's new Ioniq Hybrid offers a 6 speed transmission with dual clutch for 2017.
Hyundai's new Venue small SUV offers a 7 speed DCT transmission in India from 2019

·
Registered
214 Posts
I WAS WRONG. FINALLY WAS ABLE TO CONTACT THE DEALER WHO SOLD ME THE PALISADE AND THE SERVICE DEPT CONFIRMED THAT THE PALISADE DOES NOT HAVE THE DUAL CLUTCH ASSEMBLY. I APOLOGIZE FOR BEING DUPED AND TRYING TO DUPE YOU ALL. LESSON LEARNED--BE MORE INVESTIGATIVE PRIOR TO POSTING.

Thank you Eric2203 for your correction.

·
Registered
151 Posts
This comes from Wikipedia as a history of Hyundai and double clutch transmissions:

The DCT transmissions used in some Hyundai and Kia passenger vehicles are supplied by Hyundai DYMOS. At the 2009 Geneva Motor Show, Hyundai unveiled ix-onic concept car, which was said to feature a six-speed dual-clutch transmission.[77]
Hyundai released the Veloster with the 6-speed EcoShift Dual Clutch Transmission in 2011.
Hyundai released the Sonata and Veloster Turbo with the 7-speed EcoShift Dual Clutch Transmission in 2015.
Hyundai released the i30 and Tucson SUV with the 7-speed EcoShift Dual Clutch Transmission in 2016.
Hyundai released the Elantra Sport with the 7-speed EcoShift Dual Clutch Transmission in 2017.
Hyundai's new Ioniq Hybrid offers a 6 speed transmission with dual clutch for 2017.
Hyundai's new Venue small SUV offers a 7 speed DCT transmission in India from 2019
You just proved yourself wrong with this post. Hyundai's newest DCT is a 7-speed great box. We have an 8-speed in the Palisade.

You can shift manually with a traditional automatic too. You don't need a dual-clutch tranny to do that. I can do it in my 2012 Sonata, which is not a DCT. Every modern automatic gear box can do that. You don't need dual clutches to offer that feature.

SHIFTRONIC is the trademark that Hyundai puts on their gearboxes to indicate that they can manually shift. It applies to both traditional automatic gearboxes and DCTs. That's why that dealership page you linked to talks about it in the context of the DCT. It doesn't mean that every transmission with SHIFTRONIC is a DCT. See here for example:

Look up the Veloster, which has the option of being equipped with the 7-speed DCT. Hyundai calls it "EcoShift DCT with SHIFTRONIC"

I'm telling you. We don't have a DCT in the Palisade. That is an absolute certainty.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have a great weekend!!!no worries fellow Palisade owners lets keep up the conversations right now it’s a beautiful morning and going to Starbucks I was offered a ride but I said no thank you I’ll take mine😎👍😎😂

1 - 17 of 17 Posts