Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks! I'm creating new threads, trying to get some discussions going on the forums!? :) I've had my Limited FWD Palisade since the 4th now, really enjoying it!

One thing I've noticed recently is the car seems a little jerky, or maybe like it's shifting gears a bit sooner than needed at lower speeds. Almost feels like engine braking. It could be that this is my first 8 speed transmission, and I'm just not used to it. Has anyone else experienced this? Maybe the same problem, but Ive also noticed that while slowing down, with my foot sitting lightly on the brake, it'll sort of let up a bit and I'll feel as if I need to press harder on the brake. Hard to describe. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing. Shifts all the time when going up any incline and after cresting any size hill and beginning descent. The shifts are very noticeable and I can feel the car slowing down when it should just be coasting. The tach needle keeps bouncing up and down as does my head. I can also feel the shifting in the gas pedal. I never felt any of this in my 2013 Santa Fe. I also believe the problem is getting worse.
I did get a response from another Palisade owner who had the same problem. He took his back to his dealership and they found his transmission was 3/4 quart low on transmission fluid. They filled it and he stated to me that his problem is now resolved.
I’m bringing mine in next week and having them check fluid level first. If that doesn’t solve problem then they will have to try the next step. This car should be shifting smoothly and seamlessly.

·
Registered
815 Posts
A lot of these characteristics are due to the Palisade having a dual clutch.
The palisade doesn't have a dual clutch transmission. It's a standard 8 speed automatic with a torque convertor. There was a generic video that went out early on from Hyundai talking about their DCT system and people assumed it meant the palisade has a DCT as a result.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I feel this at lower speed, when like going at 15mph. I hope it's just low in transmission fluid. I dont need anymore mechanical problems.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So did adding more fluid so li ve the issue? Mine does the same thing like if you were braking while decelerating before a stop.

·
Super Moderator
932 Posts
Palisade does have a
multi-plate torque converter
but not a dual clutch transmission.
You can't just add transmission fluid to the transmission
like you could in the older transmissions.
Has a plug on the lower side of the transmission so
you have to have it checked by dealership.
Transmission is controlled by electronics it learns your
driving style so ask dealer to reset to factory specs
drive smoothly for first couple of hundred miles see
if that helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts