Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just a theory but if your supply is reduced by hundreds/thousands it will affect your ability to stay on top of demand. Simple economics....

·
Registered
5 Posts
1. Everyone who has a Palisade probably also shopped the Telluride. They are clearly the best bang for the buck in this segment. (I don't really think anything comes close once you factor in the warranty.)
2. Like others, we bought ours because it was available, no markup, and the options packages on the Palisade are much better than on the Telluride. I prefer the Palisade interior, and have become indifferent to the differences in the exterior. We also got a maintenance package with ours.
3. We've had no wind noise problems, but the same appears in some Tellurides, and the same fixes are offered/made.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
265 Posts
Just a theory but if your supply is reduced by hundreds/thousands it will affect your ability to stay on top of demand. Simple economics....
Well I also think COVID played a larger role because the plant was shutdown for the entire month of April 2020. I can't find any article regarding how many Tellurides were actually on the Golden Ray, just that there were 4300 total cars which did include the Telluride. But this happened in Sep 2019 so I still think COVID, maybe combination with the shipwreck, that caused markups. It's also reported even though car sales were down to COVID, SUV sales actually went up so definitely a higher demand overall due to cheap interest rates and gas. But I still ask the question, I wonder how many Tellurides we import and the percentage of the plant's assembly line geared towards those imports.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was under the impression that the Telluride is only made in USA at one location. This location also assembes the Sorento and Optima which are also very popular vehicles. Kia management would have ”rolled the dice” to determine how many of each type of vehicle would be manufactured at the facility based on anticipated customer demand. They did not anticipate the overwhelming demand for the Telluride.
I recall my Palisade salesperson saying to me that when Hyundai initially announced the Palisade to the dealerships with a $60k CAD price including taxes/fees there was definitely pessimism that people would be prepared to spend that amount.....for a Hyundai. He was very glad that he was wrong. i think the logistics challenge of COVID has definitely been a contributing factor, however I suspect that the current phenomenon will be temporary. Kia will make more Tellurides available.....and very likely with a digital instrument cluster.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Coming off Highlander lease, was looking for something in this class. Don’t like new Highlander, old one better in my opinion, so start checking what else is available. Never liked the Telluride. Just don’t like a design. After test driving Palisade just fell in love with it. Quality, space, design, tech, everything is outstanding. Last Friday took home my SEL AWD with premium and convenience package. Unfortunately limited is not available with bench seat. Got very good deal on it, 8.5% off the sticker. Very happy with it so far.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Definitely agree with you on the Highlander.... what happened to that design? Tech is not that great either, but then again Toyota has never been strong in that department. Congrats on your new Palisade.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts