Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this blog, looking for replies on Palisade owners experience in selecting between these Hyundai products. My impression thus far is the Telluride is the "rugged or more agressive" and the Palisade is the "more refined urban crawler" and the GV80 hits a home run as the "premium luxury...celebrity" model but better value vs luxury competition. Please text me your comments regarding your decision on the Palisade.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
264 Posts
New to this blog, looking for replies on Palisade owners experience in selecting between these Hyundai products. My impression thus far is the Telluride is the "rugged or more agressive" and the Palisade is the "more refined urban crawler" and the GV80 hits a home run as the "premium luxury...celebrity" model but better value vs luxury competition. Please text me your comments regarding your decision on the Palisade.
Oh boy...good luck with the comments on this one! :LOL:

I chose the Palisade because for one, it was available. I wanted the Telluride SX Prestige Nightfall. Couldn't find one and to order it was going to take 3-4 months with markups from $2000-$10000. I never even considered the Palisade until then so we looked at one and fell in love with it. The interior is so much better and with exterior mods, you can make it look pretty tough in my mind. I have White and powder coated the wheels, chrome delete and tinted the rear lights. So I made my own Nightfall. I only had to wait about 2-3 weeks for my Calligraphy to arrive and I paid MSRP. Some markets have them discounted now but others also have markups so it all depends where you live and access to multiple dealers.

Regarding the GV80, awesome SUV, BUT if you want or need a functional 3rd row then it's only available on one trim (not even the highest trim) and it's not roomy at all. Plus maybe $15K to $20K more? And it's hard to get one as far as I know. When I was looking in Oct I was #50 on the list. I bought the Pali same time and I still haven't received a call on the GV80. That was just to test drive it and the Genesis manager said he would call down the list when he had one.

In the end, test drive them all but the GV80 is completely different class. I also considered and drove the Lexus GX460. Great brand and SUV but it hasn't been updated in 10 years and the Palisade blows it out of the water with tech. Maybe reliability will be a concern with Hyundai, who knows.

·
Registered
153 Posts
With the exception of the price and the 3rd row functionality, the GV80 would be the best. So the questions are: do you need a 3rd row and are you willing to pay more for "more luxury"?

·
Registered
24 Posts

I chose the Palisade because for one, it was available. I wanted the Telluride SX Prestige Nightfall. Couldn't find one and to order it was going to take 3-4 months with markups from $2000-$10000. I never even considered the Palisade until then so we looked at one and fell in love with it. The interior is so much better and with exterior mods, you can make it look pretty tough in my mind. I have White and powder coated the wheels, chrome delete and tinted the rear lights. So I made my own Nightfall. I only had to wait about 2-3 weeks for my Calligraphy to arrive and I paid MSRP. Some markets have them discounted now but others also have markups so it all depends where you live and access to multiple dealers.

Regarding the GV80, awesome SUV, BUT if you want or need a functional 3rd row then it's only available on one trim (not even the highest trim) and it's not roomy at all. Plus maybe $15K to $20K more? And it's hard to get one as far as I know. When I was looking in Oct I was #50 on the list. I bought the Pali same time and I still haven't received a call on the GV80. That was just to test drive it and the Genesis manager said he would call down the list when he had one.

In the end, test drive them all but the GV80 is completely different class. I also considered and drove the Lexus GX460. Great brand and SUV but it hasn't been updated in 10 years and the Palisade blows it out of the water with tech. Maybe reliability will be a concern with Hyundai, who knows.
I agree with Blutarsky but fat, dumb and stupid is no way to go through life. My only complaint in the Palisade is the wind noise which is enough I now wish I would have waited for the Telluride but I had ordered an sx and finally gave up after not hearing from the Kia dealer for 3 months. The GV80 looks incredible but good luck getting one.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
264 Posts
I agree with Blutarsky but fat, dumb and stupid is no way to go through life. My only complaint in the Palisade is the wind noise which is enough I now wish I would have waited for the Telluride but I had ordered an sx and finally gave up after not hearing from the Kia dealer for 3 months. The GV80 looks incredible but good luck getting one.
Sorry to hear about the wind noise. Mine is no issue. Not to say it doesn't exist because there are multiple complaints.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was looking for the slightly larger cargo capacity and this was the main reason in my rating the Palisade and Telluride over the Toyota Highlander. I found the Palisade and Telluride to be very close with the slight edge being given to the Palisade based on interior design. I ultimately chose the Palisade based primarily on local dealer reputation. I don’t feel there is any difference in refinement between these 2 vehicles, just different design language separates them. I don’t really see the GV80 as a comparable vehicle to the Palisade and Telluride. A whole different class of vehicle.....a whole different class.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
264 Posts
I was looking for the slightly larger cargo capacity and this was the main reason in my rating the Palisade and Telluride over the Toyota Highlander. I found the Palisade and Telluride to be very close with the slight edge being given to the Palisade based on interior design. I ultimately chose the Palisade based primarily on local dealer reputation. I don’t feel there is any difference in refinement between these 2 vehicles, just different design language separates them. I don’t really see the GV80 as a comparable vehicle to the Palisade and Telluride. A whole different class of vehicle.....a whole different class.
Yeah same comparing it to the Lexus GX460 which has ZERO space behind the 3rd row. I was bummed about that.

I'm curious why Telluride has 3 cu ft more behind 3rd row and the only thing I can think of and have heard is because of the Palisade's 3rd row electric motors, which the Telluride doesn't have.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade Limited
93 Posts
I did research on The Telluride Sx for over a year. I really wanted one. The price over MSRP was ridiculous.

I test drove one and was not really blown away from the 20 minute drive. I still would have considered purchasing based on all the reviews.

I really did not get a good vibe from the Sales manager at the dealership. I was planning to visit multiple dealers that day. I drove to a multi brand dealership with both Kia and Hyundai.

Since I had just drove the Telluride, I tested a Calligraphy. I loved the smoothness of the ride vs The Telluride. The pricing on the Palisade was negotiable and they said Telluride's was not. Kia dealers were seeking thousands over MSRP.

I got a great deal on a Limited and I could not be more pleased.

I am outnumbered in my neighborhood; three Tellurides to my Limited. I think I got the better deal/ better vehicle.

Bottom line......drive em...let the car choose you Ala Harry Potter....Lmol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Thanks Bluto ..... I'm leaning toward the Palisade, noting the fixed price experience with Telluride. Did you ever consider the Santa Fe with comparable specs/features?

·
Registered
109 Posts

I was in the same boat with respect to GV80 but the perpetual wait for it to arrive had me drained out of patience. Also once the specs were out and knowing the limitations of third row (important consideration for me), Palisade was a no brainer. Telluride didn’t impress much so it wasn’t in the contention.

Happy with the purchase.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
264 Posts
Thanks Bluto ..... I'm leaning toward the Palisade, noting the fixed price experience with Telluride. Did you ever consider the Santa Fe with comparable specs/features?
No, we still wanted/needed the larger SUV like the Palisade. Even though we have little need for the 3rd row 90% of the time, we do travel alot so all the extra room is required.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was a Telluride fan for the most part but after testing both the Telluride SX and the Limited Palisade, I loved how much more refined the Palisade was on the interior. And the exterior has now grown on me. When I see a Telluride in person, I am not amazed anymore by the rugged looks.
I totally agree. I'm not amazed anymore by the rugged looks of the Telluride either. The Palisade is more unique in my opinion, especially the front end grill/lighting. I love my SEL Premium and wasn't going to pay over MSRP for a Telli.

·
Super Moderator
1,388 Posts
I have a 2020 Palisade limited in the color combo I wanted and there weren't any Tellurides any where when I purchased it.
I now is in the Phoenix, az area there are Tellurides in stock and they are getting the MSRP so might have purchased one
if available when I got mine. BUT I'm glad there weren't any now that I have the Palisade. The things I would miss the most
are the digital dash, and power fold rear seats.
My garage is wide enough so I don't need to have the power folding mirrors ( double car garage ) how ever I do miss having
mirrors that could fold in parking lots. The sound system sounds better in the Palisade. I really noticed that after having the Palisade
for awhile and setting in a neighbors Telluride. I have gotten so I like the push button shifter and paddle shift levers on the
steering wheel better than the stick shift

·
Registered
14 Posts
I first looked at the GV80 3.5T. I test drove a lot of SUVs. Lincoln Aviator, BMW X5, Acura MDX, Ford Explorer, Telluride, Volvo XC90, lexus RX, Palisade. The GV80 kicked all of their asses. Fast- 0-60 under 6 seconds. Luxury. Unique. Great exterior and interior styling. Great tech.

Here's why I picked the Palisade Calligraphy: got it 2K under the 49K sticker, its was roomier for my 3 kids family and the tech is 100% the same as the GV80.

So if you can take the extra $15,000 and don't need the extra room then get the GV80. Incredible car.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
264 Posts
I first looked at the GV80 3.5T. I test drove a lot of SUVs. Lincoln Aviator, BMW X5, Acura MDX, Ford Explorer, Telluride, Volvo XC90, Palisade. The GV80 kicked all of their asses. Fast. Luxury. Unique. Great exterior and interior styling. Great tech.

Here's why I picked the Palisade Calligraphy: got it 2K under the 49K sticker, its was roomier for my 3 kids family and the tech is 100% the same as the GV80.

So if you can take the extra $15,000 and don't need the extra room then get the GV80. Incredible car.
Yeah I used that extra money and bought another car, haha.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I first looked at the GV80 3.5T. I test drove a lot of SUVs. Lincoln Aviator, BMW X5, Acura MDX, Ford Explorer, Telluride, Volvo XC90, lexus RX, Palisade. The GV80 kicked all of their asses. Fast- 0-60 under 6 seconds. Luxury. Unique. Great exterior and interior styling. Great tech.

It's not 100% the same tech, but a lot of the extra stuff on the GV80 is creature comfort. More to the point, the GV80 isn't a true 3-row SUV and it is shorter than a Palisade.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I was thinking the same thing - I love the white telluride with the nightfall added and wish the Palisade had the same option (or at least a black wheel colored option. And Genesis is in another price range.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So, while I appreciate your question its fairly rhetorical, unless you preface it with details about what you are willing to spend, how long you are willing to wait, etc. The equivalent GV80 is nearly $20K more.. so, not really a fair comparison. We bought the Palisade because it was available and you could find the ones you wanted if you looked. Also, there are plenty of dealerships out there that will negotiate. We ended up with the 21' Palisade limited and really like it for the money. The Telluride is built in Georgia and that means something to some people.... so you have that. The Telluride is more rugged but has no full digital cluster like the Palisade does. That was important to us. The turn signal will show up on the left and right versus in the middle on the Telluride, but honestly my wife and I both agree its not that great of a feature because its too low to utilize. Ideally (and I thought some manufacture were doing this) it needs to be on the inside on the car near the side view mirrors). The fact that they are marking up Tellurides because they lost hundreds if not thousands in the Golden Ray that capsized in the Saint Simons Sound is not our problem... and its a travesty that dealerships are getting away with marking them up $5K or more! Although, if its what you like I recommend you hold out but at this rate you may be waiting for the 22' models.... maybe they will have a full digital center cluster by then to match their new 21' Sorento. Good luck!

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
264 Posts
So, while I appreciate your question its fairly rhetorical, unless you preface it with details about what you are willing to spend, how long you are willing to wait, etc. The equivalent GV80 is nearly $20K more.. so, not really a fair comparison. We bought the Palisade because it was available and you could find the ones you wanted if you looked. Also, there are plenty of dealerships out there that will negotiate. We ended up with the 21' Palisade limited and really like it for the money. The Telluride is built in Georgia and that means something to some people.... so you have that. The Telluride is more rugged but has no full digital cluster like the Palisade does. That was important to us. The turn signal will show up on the left and right versus in the middle on the Telluride, but honestly my wife and I both agree its not that great of a feature because its too low to utilize. Ideally (and I thought some manufacture were doing this) it needs to be on the inside on the car near the side view mirrors). The fact that they are marking up Tellurides because they lost hundreds if not thousands in the Golden Ray that capsized in the Saint Simons Sound is not our problem... and its a travesty that dealerships are getting away with marking them up $5K or more! Although, if its what you like I recommend you hold out but at this rate you may be waiting for the 22' models.... maybe they will have a full digital center cluster by then to match their new 21' Sorento. Good luck!
Curious on the connection between the hundreds or thousands of Tellurides lost in the Golden Ray. If Telluride is made is Georgia, how do the ones that were maybe aboard the Golden Ray influence US dealers in marking them up? I assume if any were aboard the Golden Ray then they were meant to be imports and question is, are they any different than US model?

I just think it's supply and demand. Palisade is being marked up in several markets. New Corvette is being significantly marked up.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts