Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Does anyone have a suggestion for what I can put between the second row seats in our Palisade for our dachshund to lie on when traveling? Someone will be sitting with him and he will be leashed. But we are going on a road trip and the person riding with him doesn't want to have to hold him on his lap for the full drive. LOL...I also think the dog would like a place to lie down. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
694 Posts
I have Rottweilers and I use a cover/liner in the back. It makes a wall behind the seats and keeps them in plus it protects the back.

Reactions: ARmom

·
Administrator
2,571 Posts
Several of us have tried to find a small center console to put there.
So far haven't seen one.
We had a taped up card board box there with a small pillow that came to the same height as the seats
for our small dog when going to the vet.
That came to an end on our trips as we installed a small cooler to keep our meds and drinks cool.
Plugs in to 12V or 115V cools ok but not a refrigerator. Even holds several Quart bottles and candy cool
Don't know as I could find a small doggy bed that would set on top, but is higher than I'd want for the dog
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Head restraint
Motor vehicle Vehicle Head restraint Automotive design Purple

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello all,

Does anyone have a suggestion for what I can put between the second row seats in our Palisade for our dachshund to lie on when traveling? Someone will be sitting with him and he will be leashed. But we are going on a road trip and the person riding with him doesn't want to have to hold him on his lap for the full drive. LOL...I also think the dog would like a place to lie down. Thanks in advance.
We found a log type cusion about 3 feet long and 10 inch circunfrence, Food in hafl and it works perfect for our Jack Russell. Also then could place the usual dog seat cover over the now "bench" type seat.

·
Registered
2021 Calligraphy FWD due late April
243 Posts
What about just a small cozy dog bed?
That's what we do with my wife's little poodle. Ha ha. But I like the cardboard box idea too.

I have Rottweilers and I use a cover/liner in the back.
Hey, where did you buy it? I was thinking of maybe getting a GSP (German Shorthaired Pointer), or similarly sized dog, but didn't want it to mess up my new SUV. Ha ha. But still would have to get the wife's approval, since it'd live inside the house (they hate to be outside alone. Ha ha). At least your solution covers my only complaint :). Well, I'd have to wake up pretty early every day to get it tired too. Ha ha.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
694 Posts
[Hey, where did you buy it? I was thinking of maybe getting a GSP (German Shorthaired Pointer), or similarly sized dog, but didn't want it to mess up my new SUV. Ha ha. But still would have to get the wife's approval, since it'd live inside the house (they hate to be outside alone. Ha ha). At least your solution covers my only complaint :). Well, I'd have to wake up pretty early every day to get it tired too. Ha ha.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2021 Calligraphy FWD due late April
243 Posts
Thank you. And it's quite cheap too; surprising. My wife said I need to find something like that for her car's back seat, the furniture, and we'd be all set :). Thanks again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts