Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for something to put between the rear seats that, with the armrests up, would make it functionally like a bench seat. Obviously not something that anyone could sit on, but just want to create a relatively uniform surface across the back. Would love it to look good with beige interior and be easy to put in and take out as needed. Anyone with ideas or experience? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,907 Posts
You may have to go with a gray one and put one of the center console pads beige color, on top of it.
There just isn't a good selection of beige color center consoles.
I was thinking of doing the same thing so our dogs wouldn't fall in the gap

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gene, that actually looks like it would work. I too am needing it for dogs in those seats. Can you point me to the beige colored console pads you mentioned? I have only found black and gray items. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Was just curious if anyone found anything in the realm of a supplier for the KDM console or a center console that works well with the light beige interior?

·
Premium Member
2022 Hyper White Calligraphy
99 Posts
Same question - has anyone purchased the KDM and how did it look in the beige interior - I might only use it when the dog is riding with us but it looks like something you could keep there.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
202 Posts
Same question - has anyone purchased the KDM and how did it look in the beige interior - I might only use it when the dog is riding with us but it looks like something you could keep there.
I have the KDM beige console cover and it is an exact match in color with the Nappa quilted leather in the Limited and Calligraphy.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Boy, lots of good suggestions. I took the cheap approach and made my own (works fine for the dogs). Just a simple box made with 3/4" plywood, wouldn't have been too hard to angle the top to match the seats, but I wanted something quick. When I ordered the seat covers I had them throw in some extra material and used it to cover the box so it would match.

BTW I sold my Palisade with the beige interior and bought a 2021 with a black interior - I still have the seat covers if anyone is interested in buying them.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Wheel

·
Premium Member
2022 Hyper White Calligraphy
99 Posts
What were your dimensions ? I was thinking of doing the same thing - Materials?

Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just measure the space between the seats and how high and long you want the console to be. I used 3/4 plywood with reinforcing blocks on the inside, but I don't think the blocks are needed. Go to your local fabric store and pick out material to cover it with. I got my material from the company that made the seat covers, a heavy naugahyde with foam padding but any durable material will do. I had my wife sew the cover, pulled it over the box and stapled it to the bottom. I left the bottom of my box open since no one ever sees it. Took maybe an hour to cut the pieces and assemble it then let the glue dry overnight. Installing the cover took about 15 minutes and it was done. Very easy project.

·
Registered
5 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts