Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on getting a Limited Palisade, which is certainly not an easy feat.

Talk to me about Lagoon Silver - I'm not usually a big fan of silver, however I've seen one on the road and it almost looked like more of an ice blue. Were my eyes playing tricks on me or is that true for the Lagoon Silver color?

Sierra Burgundy is another one I'm working on - is it more of a maroon in person or a deep eggplant type color? It's so tough without being able to see them all in person at the dealer!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I can only speak for the Sierra Burgundy, because that's what we bought. It varies greatly depending on the lighting. To the point that it can appear almost black to someone who doesn't know the car. It's quite stunning in the right lighting.

I have pictures posted here: Finally got our Palisade

·
Registered
31 Posts
Our is Rainforest Green- which is our joke, because so far nobody has realized it is anything but gray.... All the paint colors are pretty great, but half of them pretty much just look dark-gray or black usually. I bet the burgandy is beautiful!

·
Registered
18 Posts
OK I thought I saw a very subtle, light blue Palisade the other day and was confused since it isnt a stock color. Would make me feel less crazy if the silver comes off that way. The burgundy is sharp and would be my second choice behind the white I am getting.

·
Super Moderator
1,589 Posts
We ordered a white limited, But my favorite color was the silver. It does look like almost a very light blue tint when you step back from it. Only reason we went with the white, the silver limited only has the black interior and wife wants beige interior.
Just to hot for really dark colors here in Glendale, Arizona

Welcome to the forum MLDube

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hey Gene, I am in Scottsdale and I just got a Limited, white exterior and beige interior.You'll love it as I do, very rich and beautiful looking.

·
Super Moderator
1,589 Posts
Hey Gene, I am in Scottsdale and I just got a Limited, white exterior and beige interior.You'll love it as I do, very rich and beautiful looking.
Did you get the AWD?
I think that has been the holdup on mine.
I almost came to Scottsdale to order mine

·
Registered
12 Posts

Talk to me about Lagoon Silver - I'm not usually a big fan of silver, however I've seen one on the road and it almost looked like more of an ice blue. Were my eyes playing tricks on me or is that true for the Lagoon Silver color?

Sierra Burgundy is another one I'm working on - is it more of a maroon in person or a deep eggplant type color? It's so tough without being able to see them all in person at the dealer!

Thanks!
We love our Lagoon Silver and it does indeed have a blue tint to it. It goes really well with all of the other finishes on the car — the chrome and brushed finishes blend really well with the color, especially the wheels on the Ultimate. I too have never been a particular fan of silver, but on this car and for this color, I LOVE It!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I can only speak for the Sierra Burgundy, because that's what we bought. It varies greatly depending on the lighting. To the point that it can appear almost black to someone who doesn't know the car. It's quite stunning in the right lighting.

I have pictures posted here: Finally got our Palisade
I agree with Eric2203. It really depends on the light. It goes from a darkish metallic burgundy to deep wine to eggplant (deep purple) to dark brown to black, depending on the light. But it NEVER appears reddish or berry-colored like it does in some on-line photos.
I bought mine sight-unseen from the dealer. I was a little disappointed at first because it was darker than expected. But it is very classy! I’ve grown to like it a lot.
I must add, I get SO MANY compliments on the color!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a steel graphite with beige interior...when asked I keep adding the interior color because I personally feel the interior makes the car. With the steel graphite I was not impressed by the gray/black interior. I have seen the lagoon silver on the road and agree...not really a silver person but that car look sharp! As for the Sierra Burgundy and Moonlight Cloud blue, the colors are nice when you have the right lighting. My wife and I passed on the blue and burgundy because that is the only time you can really see the color otherwise they just look black. For the Steel Graphite, on the showroom floor, the vehicle looked more blue than the moonlight cloud color and on certain days/lighting the car can look gunmetal blue, forest green and/or charcoal gray. On cloudy days the car looks charcoal gray.

·
Registered
2020 Rainforest SEL
33 Posts
Our is Rainforest Green- which is our joke, because so far nobody has realized it is anything but gray.... All the paint colors are pretty great, but half of them pretty much just look dark-gray or black usually. I bet the burgandy is beautiful!
We also bought the Rainforest and I agree, not much green in the formula. We really like it because depending on the amount of sunlight it changes. Really looks nice. We have had several silver cars and this color is a refreshing change.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I wanted a white Limited, but we couldn't find one, so we compromised and got silver. Like some others have said, it definitely has a blue tint to it. I was surprised when I first saw it in person because it looked almost blue-gray.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes, the colors look totally different in different lighting. The lagoon silver looks, well, silver in more direct sunlight, but today, an overcast day in Minnesota, it had a bery distinct ice blue hue as I drove past the dealership. Everything Eric said about the Sierra burgundy is true, and most of the days that I see it (mostly overcast days up here currently!), it looks brown, with a reddish-purple tinge.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Lagoon silver for us. We were bored with white after 8 years and the other choices were too dark appearing. Sel cloth interior is comfortable and not as dark. Would have bought the beige interior if available.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks!
From what Hyundai tells me the colors on the Palisade (except for white) are designed to look like different colors under various light sources

1 - 15 of 15 Posts