Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if there is a setting buried away somewhere that will allow me to lock the door with the engine running after exiting. With these 100 degree + days, I'd like to leave the car running while I dash in/out of a store but don't see that there's a way to do it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not sure if there is a setting buried away somewhere that will allow me to lock the door with the engine running after exiting. With these 100 degree + days, I'd like to leave the car running while I dash in/out of a store but don't see that there's a way to do it.
I have this issue as I travel with my dog and have to have the AC on for him when I need to stop for a rest room. I'm not thrilled with how they made it difficult on the Palisade but you can do it. You have to remove the trim piece from the door handle that covers the key hole - it may show how in the manual, not sure. The dealership showed me how to do it. It is a flimsy piece of plastic so once I take it off, I leave it off for the entire trip. Lock the doors before getting out, then open your driver door, close it and use the key to lock that door. You have to remove the key from the key fob, which is easily done. I recently found that when using the key it does not lock all of the doors so you have to lock them before getting out. On my last vehicle all the doors would lock so I thought I was locking all the doors with the key but found out I was leaving the Palisade unlocked during all of the stops I was making, except for the drivers door that I was locking. Really not happy that the keyhole is hidden but it is what it is. They don't think about this issue when designing these cars. When my mom was alive I had to do the same thing to keep her safe when I was out of the car as she was not good with all of the buttons. Give it a try.

·
Registered
14 Posts
would this work ? Exit the vehicle, lock it, wait a couple minutes and remote start it. Don't know if the ac would come on though.
It will only run for 10 minutes. Can't do that for the dog. Says you can hit it again for another 10 but that is from when you hit it - so if it's been running for 2 min and you hit it again it will run for 10 minutes, not 20. Tried it myself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had started our Palisade and got out to help my husband load into the back our 'purchases'. I went back to get into the car and it as LOCKED! I never pressed to lock it and the fob was in the vehicle. Thank God we still had the hatch up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts