Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asking if the rear bucket seats can be interchanged with the bench. I know factory this isnt a option but if I was to find someone that was selling a bench seat would that be possible. Any cons to this happening?

I love the limited but have 6 kids 3mine and 3 fosters we took in, so in need of the 8 seater.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was interested in this, called Huyndai and they said Limited is only 7 seats. They mentioned that a second row bench negates the cooling/heating for the second row seats , as well as negating the trunk buttons that collapse the second row seats (which is standard on the limited).

basically they said if someone wants 8 seater, get an SEL with all the upgrades (and this means you lose out on the digital dash and a couple other nice features in the Limited trim)... so I sold one of my middle children. I'm loving my Limited.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I was interested in this, called Huyndai and they said Limited is only 7 seats. They mentioned that a second row bench negates the cooling/heating for the second row seats , as well as negating the trunk buttons that collapse the second row seats (which is standard on the limited).

basically they said if someone wants 8 seater, get an SEL with all the upgrades (and this means you lose out on the digital dash and a couple other nice features in the Limited trim)... so I sold one of my middle children. I'm loving my Limited.
Your middle child was your trade-in, wasn’t it?

·
Registered
15 Posts

While I agree with you in general.. I think the explanation from Hyundai that the second row bench negates the cooling and heating is baloney (I'll explain why below). I'm in the same dilemma as the OP now the Calligraphy trim. I was hopping Hyundai would re think this and allow 8 persons in higher trims but seems that the trend is not in my favor and even thou the Limited trim got downgraded for 2021 models. They still do not have an option for 8 as far as I've seen.

The reason I say this is baloney is if you check the OEM parts and schematics for the second row seat, ( https://www.buyhyundaipartsnow.com/v-2020-hyundai-palisade--limited--3-8l-v6-gas/body--second-row-seats ) you will notice that the bench seat does have heating.. But wait a minute NOT in the bench.. Only in the actual seat. if you see the bench seat is like an "extension" from the left seat. The actual seat still has the heating element and I would think it shouldn't be difficult to add the cooling to Just that seat and basically have a bench as a place where someone else can seat with no heating/cooling... actually if all the parts in the site were available (And you don't care about the money). You can get all the seat frame, cushion and leather* Only problem with going this route (I think) is that the leather would be the color/grade as the SEL models as oppose to the Limited/Calligraphy trims leathers. But still I don't see how Hyundai wouldn't offer that. Doesn't seems like a big deal form the construction/design perspective. Just my thoughts... Well NOW I'm in the same boat as the OP... I wouldn't trade the technology you get in the higher trims but definitely I will be looking for salvaged Palisades after this just to get one Bench seat and modify it to fit the Calligraphy... In the case of the leather I would have to go probably custom in a upholstery shop or something like that that can combine somehow lower grade side with higher grade leather I don't know if that is possible but worth the Try :rolleyes:

·
Registered
504 Posts
Can I interest you in this nice new Honda Odyssey? Oh, you want AWD? Then we have the Sienna or the Pacifica to fit your needs.

hahaha

6 kids. That’s awesome of you to take in 3 fosters. I had a minivan before the Palisade and really enjoyed it as my family hauler for 13 years. I was about to get another van before figuring a change of pace would be nice.

anyway, I’m going to guess that the mounting points for the buckets and bench are the same. Can you find a diagram on the mounting points? Maybe start looking around online for wrecked Palisades you could scavenge a bench out of

1 - 5 of 5 Posts