Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i like the room. i like the drivers seat adjustments and passenger seat adjustments (limited) but the front passenger seat has a hard spot that hits just above my tail bone and is uncomfortable when i sit upright. don't like the cup holders in the front seats. need some in the doors. i would like to have the option of folding outside mirrors instead of the electric 3rd row seats. the feature the 2020 Sonata has of remotely moving in and out of a parking space would be great. I don't really like the stand behind the rear hatch to automatically open. my wife can get it to work, but i can't. the B piller (next to front seats) needs to be moved forward 2 inches to make getting in and out of the 2nd row easier.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’d appreciate a cap less fuel door, ie no gas cap. I had that feature on a 13 Ford and it’s neat. No opportunity to mar your paint with a gas cap.

·
Registered
12 Posts
But it won't scratch your paint, contrary to what you posted before.
Hey, if having a gas cap is the complaint, I think we're in a good position.
I think you are right.....topic was about the design of the car. I did not post the 4 times we’ve had the car back to 2 different dealers for garlic odor, still have it or another poor dealer experience. Even corporate is unresponsive. Cars good dealers poor, no more Hyundais for us.

·
Registered
12 Posts
But it won't scratch your paint, contrary to what you posted before.
A plastic cap with a plastic leash does have the potential to scratch your paint. It falls or gets bumped out of that little holder what will it hit? If my kids go to get gas, that never happens and they don’t see the little holder, more then likely the cap will dangle against the paint.

you are right if everything is perfect, all intentions are followed no issues. Life rarely goes as designed. It’s a small issue but a nice feature to have. Once you get use to it you miss it.

·
Super Moderator
1,764 Posts
If you keep taking the Palisade back to the dealer, there is a TSB on the odor.
After they try the fixes 3 times they can get the head rests replaced.
I prefer the gas cap. Unless you wipe the gas input area each time you use it
I always thought the nozzle would push a small amount of crap in to the tank
with each fill up. even with a door cover carp gets in there. Several car
manufacturers now use cap less so guess it works OK.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey gas caps are much cheaper and will not fail like the cap less ones do. There is a spring in the tube and if it moves you are out of luck. The dealer will have to remove the entire assembly. It happened to a lot of C7 Corvette owners me included!

·
Registered
6 Posts
OK I've had my Pali for 13 months I just have to ask finally is there a way to set the navigation screen so that the default is the time in day

·
Super Moderator
1,764 Posts
To bad the Palisade doesn't have an offset for the speed in HDA.
Can you imagine driving the speed limit exactly in Arizona?
Needs to have an offset so we can add 3, 5, 7 miles per hour to the
cruise control and still have the HDA adjust the speed when it gets in
a different speed zone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts