Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went from a 2021 Yukon XL Denali with everything to the Palisade.

Dislikes: Still love everything about my ride other wise
No wireless carplay for calligraphy.
Auto Roll down windows for the back seats.
Not sure if I like the way the sunroof/moon roof and the passenger window splits. Still adjusting.
Not able to purchase a good quality OEM rubber cargo MAT. Heard complaints on the one in korea too plasticy.
Wish the screen was more square than rectangle or wider 12 inches instead of 10.
Shifting MUST have foot on break to shift into park/drive etc.....

enough room to play slap and tickle with the mrs.
Sound system is pretty good for stock
LOVE the seats and beige/navy seats/trim
Comfortable
The headlights are nicer than a lot of current vehicles "Better then my old yukon"

MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT- Not sure if this is just hte dealer or a hyundai thing Both my Santa fe and Palisade "both 2022" I had to update the navigation my self. I asked the dealer to update the navigation before I picked it up and he said they couldn't do it after he talked to the mechanic. wtf?

·
Super Moderator
2,399 Posts
My dealership offered to update my maps and nav any time a new update comes out, so it is your dealer.
It is easy enough to do it at home, so that is the way I do it. just follow the directions on myhundai once you set
up your account with Hyundai

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How did you update your navigation?
You have to download the Hyundai map app. Then download the map update for your vehicle. Then it transfers to your usb drive. I believe it’ll take a dd card. “No clue where that goes for the vehicle. Takes 20–hour. I just had it update after I turned the car off. You leave the thumb drive in and forget about it. Once you start the car you’ll see a we code pop up with new features and so forth.

·
Registered
16 Posts
For me the biggest miss is the lack of auto folding mirrors. I have a few other nitpicks, but otherwise love my 2021 Calligraphy.
Yes you have to put your foot on the brake to shift. But with the push button shifter you can simply turn the car off without having to put it in park first. When turning on the car, I've gotten in the habit of immediately reaching down to turn off the electronic parking brake.
I like my OEM all-weather mats.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I went from a 2021 Yukon XL Denali with everything to the Palisade.

Dislikes: Still love everything about my ride other wise
No wireless carplay for calligraphy.
Auto Roll down windows for the back seats.
Not sure if I like the way the sunroof/moon roof and the passenger window splits. Still adjusting.
Not able to purchase a good quality OEM rubber cargo MAT. Heard complaints on the one in korea too plasticy.
Wish the screen was more square than rectangle or wider 12 inches instead of 10.
Shifting MUST have foot on break to shift into park/drive etc.....

enough room to play slap and tickle with the mrs.
Sound system is pretty good for stock
LOVE the seats and beige/navy seats/trim
Comfortable
The headlights are nicer than a lot of current vehicles "Better then my old yukon"

MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT- Not sure if this is just hte dealer or a hyundai thing Both my Santa fe and Palisade "both 2022" I had to update the navigation my self. I asked the dealer to update the navigation before I picked it up and he said they couldn't do it after he talked to the mechanic. wtf?
Yes the update thing is a real PIA. You can order a flash drive (cost money) or do it yourself which I had to get help from my grand daughter.. I came from a Ford Flex and am VERY disappointed in the whole navigation system as a whole. As you said the ride is fantastic but the Sony system has many many more features then the one they have. I'm sorry I didn't spend the extra money for the Explorer even though the ride isn't as nice.

·
Registered
2022 Calligraphy Graphite w/grey interior, FWD
23 Posts
I haven’t used factory navigation for years so don’t feel the need to update. I use the maps on my iPhone which are usually always up to date, including construction, wrecks, and other problems, they are in real time and work great! Just wish my Calligraphy had wireless Apple CarPlay, will probably buy an adapter at some point.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts