Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the car show and loved the palisade but noticed everyone who sat in the drivers seat over the few days blue jeans rubbed off on the seat. Any info regrading this . The light beige was turning light blue

·
Super Moderator
1,773 Posts
I have the limited with beige interior. Wear blue jeans all the time, and see no discoloration.
Usually the nappa leather will clean right off with leather cleaner.
Had a 2018 Genesis G90 with beige interior. After 2 years the leather seats looked better
than my friends with the dark leather.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
It depends on the brand of jeans. I also have the beige interior. Mine don't seem to cause a problem. But my wife's do. There's a distinct blue color on the seats that needs cleaned up regularly.

·
Super Moderator
1,773 Posts
It depends on the brand of jeans. I also have the beige interior. Mine don't seem to cause a problem. But my wife's do. There's a distinct blue color on the seats that needs cleaned up regularly.
So are the seats hard to clean the blue off?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had light leather in previous cars and the staining is exactly why I won't do light color interiors again. With that being said, magic erasers will get rid of the stain. Just don't use it too often as it seems to deteriorate the leather faster over time.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I love the beige interior, I feel it looks nicer than the black interior. But if they had gray or a brown interior I would have gone that route. There is some color transfer, mainly on the seat bottom bolster. It does come off easily w leather cleaner, I use Zanio. Makes it smell good too.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have the beige leather seats and I have definitely noticed the dye transfer. I purchased a good leather cleaner and a conditioner, which worked great! Now I keep a cover (towel) on the drivers seat. If I had it to do over, I’d still buy the beige interior. It is beautiful. FYI, I rarely have passengers/kids, so no concerns with that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I love my beige interior, but I often wear dark blue jeans (Banana Republic mostly) and I find they do discolor the seats. About every other week I've been taking a magic eraser and towel to the seat and the stain comes right off. Its annoying but easy to clea... wish there was some coating I could put on the leather to make it resist the dye.

·
Super Moderator
1,773 Posts
There are many cleaner conditioners on the market, just remember never put a conditioner or cleaner on to the seats. Apply it to a cloth then wipe the seats, that way you never clog the perforations.
May still get a stain but it cleans up much easier.
Don't use any of the coatings that put a film on the leather, they will not clean off and when they darken you are stuck with it

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have had light interiors for 20 years. I have never experienced dye transfer. They of course will show general dirt and grime, but i wipe them down with a damp chamois every time I wash the car.

I also use a one step cleaner conditioner that leaves a nice leather scent once a month so. It's well worth the trade off for not having lava hot seats in summer.

By the way, I think the "beige" nappa in the Limited is closer to white!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was at the car show and loved the palisade but noticed everyone who sat in the drivers seat over the few days blue jeans rubbed off on the seat. Any info regrading this . The light beige was turning light blue
I had the same color in another vehicle that did the same thing. Probably blue jeans with heated seats is the reason. It comes off very easily with Armoral. I like light colored seats because they stay cooler in the sun and definitely would not let this deter you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So are the seats hard to clean the blue off?
I have one pair of jeans that does this. I find it easy to clean. I use Meguiar’s Interior Detailing Spray and it comes right off. I have done research and read that Chemical Guys leather cleaner and protector is even better. As a note, I have three small children and a beige interior, and everything has cleaned up easily so far.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts