Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I posted this earlier but I realized it was in the wrong thread. I can't figure out how to delete it, so I'm reposting here. Sorry, I'm new here lol... anyway...

So is it just me or is it weird that the ambient lighting doesn't illuminate the storage area under the center console? At night it's completely dark under there. I've searched the forum, but didn't find any threads about it. I found small USB led lights that I can plug in there and and match the ambient lighting color, and go on automatically at night. Gonna try that, although I don't even know if those USB ports stay powered after the engine is off?

Also, anyone find an organizer for under there as well? Seems like that area was not thought out too well, other than the cord access hole.

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am using this organizer and it works great. The price has almost doubled since I bought mine. For Hyundai Palisade Car Center Console Armrest Storage Box Organizer Tray 2020 | eBay
Thanks Phlorida, I actually bought one of these for inside the console and love it. Should be standard issue lol... I actually am talking about the big open space under the shifter console by your feet. It's just a big, dark, open pit at night that's hard to find anything there and everything rolls around.

·
Registered
444 Posts
After I bought the center console organizer, I moved the original cubby that came with the car to that pass through area. We store mints, gum etc and it has worked out well to keep things a bit more organized.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After I bought the center console organizer, I moved the original cubby that came with the car to that pass through area. We store mints, gum etc and it has worked out well to keep things a bit more organized.
Yeah I'm gonna try that. Then was thinking with all the stuff u can put in the center console, what do I really need to put down there. Just another place to collect crap lol. I'll probably just leave it for a bag as it's intended. Now about the no light situation there...

·
Registered
444 Posts
I plugged in one of those USB powered lights in the USB port and it works well. I also used the same in the third row USBs (the lighting situation over there is very dismal in the nights). These ports power up only when the ignition is on and works out well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I plugged in one of those USB powered lights in the USB port and it works well. I also used the same in the third row USBs (the lighting situation over there is very dismal in the nights). These ports power up only when the ignition is on and works out well.
Perfect! Good to know, thanks for the input!

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Hey all, I posted this earlier but I realized it was in the wrong thread. I can't figure out how to delete it, so I'm reposting here. Sorry, I'm new here lol... anyway...

So is it just me or is it weird that the ambient lighting doesn't illuminate the storage area under the center console? At night it's completely dark under there. I've searched the forum, but didn't find any threads about it. I found small USB led lights that I can plug in there and and match the ambient lighting color, and go on automatically at night. Gonna try that, although I don't even know if those USB ports stay powered after the engine is off?

Also, anyone find an organizer for under there as well? Seems like that area was not thought out too well, other than the cord access hole.

Thanks!
Fit perfectly -

MECHCOS Compatible with 2021 2020 Hyundai Palisade Center Console Organizer Armrest Secondary Storage Box Holder Container Divider Glove Pallet Tray https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089YHVSC...abc_B32GYDA1CPHYV9SSWJ0H?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Yeah I'm gonna try that. Then was thinking with all the stuff u can put in the center console, what do I really need to put down there. Just another place to collect crap lol. I'll probably just leave it for a bag as it's intended. Now about the no light situation there...
I put a Tupperware container down below - in the deep dark abyss - worked great - I have my leatherman- extra knife - etc etc - stuff I like to have but doesn’t need to be readily available

@JRPalisade - which usb lights ? Do yo have a link - I agree - why the accent lights if they don’t illuminate the floor and that dark hole. They are useless-

·
Registered
444 Posts
There are numerous of those kind. I used these:

For the third row USBs, I taped around some black electric tape to keep the light shooting in the eyes. Worked well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ordered these, because they have the light sensor that should keep it off during the day. I just hope the colors match close enough. Thx for the electrical tape tip JR, I was wondering if these would shine too direct in the back.

Mini USB LED Light for Cars, 2 PCS 8 Color Adjustable Brightness RGB Car Lights Ambient Lights USB Night Lights Lamps for Cars, Rooms Home Decor Offices, Party, Carnival https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09D7Z9JN7/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_CBQK5XNV7Q6RQ08149NY

1 - 11 of 11 Posts