Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2021 Palisade Limited. I have used settings to allow the liftgate to open when I am standing behind the vehicle with the smart key. Here is the issue. If I use the key fob to lock the car, the hands free tailgate with work and open. However, if I lock the vehicle using the door lock button on the driver’s side armrest the liftgate will not open hands free. I have speculated that the smart key does not know that the vehicle had been locked because it was not used to lock the vehicle. The smart key will obey all the other commands.

Has anyone else had this issue? Am I missing something? Is there a solution?

·
Registered
248 Posts
How long are you waiting before trying hands free? I think that the manual says you have to wait a few minutes.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
240 Posts
Only works when locked with the fob or the outside button. Have not had it work with the inside button, even after hours of being locked.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank RCSIMON and Popeye for your responses. My goal was to find a way to use the automatic liftgate without having to take the key out of my pocket to lock the car. Popeye gave me the answer. It was obviously something I should have realized. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had no idea that using the inside lock button would be "seen" as different by the controls but I tested this and sure enough when locking with the outside button or the key fob, the auto lift gate works and when locking with the inside lock button, it doesn't. It's common for me to use the inside lock button. I guess I'll have to break that habit. I've had my Palisade for 7 months and thought something was wrong with it all this time.

On a similar note, I've had trouble getting my Bluelink remote start to work. After locking with the key fob, just now, the remote start worked perfectly. I wonder if the same thing applies. It's like the control system doesn't consider the car locked unless you use the fob or the outside button (even though Bluelink reports that it's locked).

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
240 Posts
This brings up an interesting question. There is an add on module that you can buy and install that will automatically lock the doors when you exit and walk away from the car. The module will not, however unlock the car when you approach. But my question would be, if the module locks the car doors, is it using the inside button wiring, or the outside button wiring, and would it prevent the smart lift gate function from operating?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts