Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Truxx is listing a lift kit for the palisade as they built one for the telluride already, anyone have a lift kit installed and did you stick with 20" wheels or 18" wheels for better tire options?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Tons of comments on the Telluride forums. Some Palisade people weighed in as well.
I love the look and may consider a lift in the future.

·
Banned
674 Posts
Slippery slope here if you’re going bigger/heavier wheels. Most 10-12 ply, dedicated off-road tires will be heavier, less compliant and will ask your suspension to work harder. I recently added 20x10’s, 33/12.5r20’s to my Super Crew. Each rim/tire weighed 16lbs more than OEM. The aggressive offset only leveraged that weight more. This meant upgrading to Bilstein 5100 heavy duty off-road shocks to properly handle the unsprung weight. It also steals about 2mpg on the highway and can make the vehicle more sluggish in acceleration due to effectively lowering the gear ratio (taller tire) and asking the motor to move more weight.

Absolutely think that lifted trucks and Tellurides look better. But the Palisade? To each their own.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts