Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First week of our 13 week camping road trip. There has GOT to be a way to turn the lift gate warning beep off, right? Nothing like signaling to the whole campsite 15 times a night that we are going in and out of the back. I guess we could turn off the lift function, and go all manual, but the owner’s manual seems to say one should not operate a power lift gate manually?
this feature is going to become REALLY annoying over the next 12 weeks...
BTW, with a Yakima skybox on this thing, it holds a Boatload of gear! I had to remove the DS, middle row seat, so I could locate my giant Iceco cooler, but otherwise, the cargo capacity of this thing is pretty good. It is Definitely designed for luxury and not utility, but it seems to working out alright so far. Can’t get much over 24.7 mpg though......

·
Registered
2021 SEL Silver Lagoon with bench seat
67 Posts
I'll be curious to see if you find a way to shut it off. Our Subaru Outback does the same beeping so I guess I just figured it was all cars with automatic lift gates.

·
Registered
41 Posts
First week of our 13 week camping road trip. There has GOT to be a way to turn the lift gate warning beep off, right? Nothing like signaling to the whole campsite 15 times a night that we are going in and out of the back. I guess we could turn off the lift function, and go all manual, but the owner’s manual seems to say one should not operate a power lift gate manually?
this feature is going to become REALLY annoying over the next 12 weeks...
BTW, with a Yakima skybox on this thing, it holds a Boatload of gear! I had to remove the DS, middle row seat, so I could locate my giant Iceco cooler, but otherwise, the cargo capacity of this thing is pretty good. It is Definitely designed for luxury and not utility, but it seems to working out alright so far. Can’t get much over 24.7 mpg though......
Did you figure this out? I’m also going to be doing some car camping with my vehicle (in fact it’s the main reason I got it) and will be at some campgrounds and also do not want this damn sound. In fact I‘d prefer to have absolutely no beeping sounds for any locking or unlocking behavior of any doors.

I believe the only way might be to unplug the beeper. I saw a post on another forum where someone pointed out how to do that on a Santa Fe tailgate.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Why not turn off the auto-open function? The setting is in the infotainment system.

And no, that doesn’t mean going all manual. You can use the fob, or the button on the dash, to open it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I turned off the auto-open function as I didn't want the rear hatch accidentally opening when in the garage and the garage door is down. I can verify that the hatch beeps twice when auto-open is disabled, and you open the hatch with the remote. It also beeps twice after you hit the upper hatch button to close the hatch.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
30 Posts
I turned off the auto-open function as I didn't want the rear hatch accidentally opening when in the garage and the garage door is down. I can verify that the hatch beeps twice when auto-open is disabled, and you open the hatch with the remote. It also beeps twice after you hit the upper hatch button to close the hatch.
Well you have to have the key fob right there next to the rear hatch to open. I guess I'm not worried for mine to open in the garage since I would never be back there with the fob and the garage door closed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts