Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How has your initial quality been on your Palisade? Any repairs, squeaks, electrical gremlins? Or it's been perfect!

·
Banned
673 Posts
1) 3 C/E lights / numerous gremlins
2) 3 attempted wind noise repairs / new seals, new track, door adjustment / only got worse
3) 3 HVAC screens scratched / replaced
4) Squeaking seat rails / adjusted
5) Rear door locks windows stopped working from disconnected wire
6) Cracked windshield
7) Blind spot warning kept giving false alarms / never fixed
8) Automatic windshield wipers fire off randomly with no rain / never fixed
9) Driveshaft vibration / replaced

8 trips to the dealer, 20+ days out of service, 1 year ownership, 17K miles.

Otherwise, perfect.

·
Banned
673 Posts
Don’t let it. Plenty are doing perfectly fine. I definitely had a unicorn. The only time you’ll hear me get excited is when I hear other owners settling. Absolutely no reason to worry if you don’t have problems. But if you do, do NOT try to fix it yourself. Demand that the dealer repair your $50K vehicle to your satisfaction. I do not support fixing your own stinky seats, wind noise or paying to have your windshield wrapped.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Wind and whistle noise - took multiple trips to the dealer but the whistle is gone and the wind noise is greatly diminished. Like CVP33 the windshield wipers sometimes activate at the strangest times, but only happens maybe once or twice a month so no big deal.

·
Super Moderator
1,109 Posts
Yes I've had the wipers fire off a few times , But it was one wipe. If that is all I'd rather have that than not working.
Other then that everything has been good. Rode rough after dealer visit, figured out tires had been filled to 37psi
back to 35 better now.
My previous car was a Genesis G90 ultimate. Had a problem list bigger than CVP33's list with his Palisade.
Just goes to show, You can get a lemon no matter what car you have.
Of the 60,000 plus Palisades produced, we have what 59,000 plus with no problems. No one complains unless there is something wrong. So think of all the good ones out there.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I've had the wipers fire off a few times , But it was one wipe. If that is all I'd rather have that than not working.
Other then that everything has been good. Rode rough after dealer visit, figured out tires had been filled to 37psi
back to 35 better now.
My previous car was a Genesis G90 ultimate. Had a problem list bigger than CVP33's list with his Palisade.
Just goes to show, You can get a lemon no matter what car you have.
Of the 60,000 plus Palisades produced, we have what 59,000 plus with no problems. No one complains unless there is something wrong. So think of all the good ones out there.
Wow I was thinking about a Genesis, but not now. You convinced me not to be a beta tester with them. Sticking to the Palisade if I can get the right deal.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
203 Posts
The auto wipers thing is not a Palisade issue and perhaps a non-issue at all. The reason why that may occur is mentioned in the manual and it acts the same way on other Hyundai models. I also have a 2020 Tucson and the way it works is identical to the Palisade.

·
Registered
184 Posts
re auto wipers, are you guys sure the wiper stalk is in the off position? It drove me nuts for awhile til I realized it was in the auto position. When in that position, the mnaual tells you there is a self check function that can occur randomly or upon every start. So check to ensure you're really in the off position.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I leave mine on auto. Yes every once in awhile it will activate but that is ok with me. I really like that the rear activates while in reverse and raining out.

·
Banned
673 Posts
Every non-Hyundai model states to leave the wipers in auto mode, but these are rain sensing systems. I believe the Hyundai version to be a cheaper version that is not rain sensing like Dodge, Toyota, Chrysler, Chevrolet, BMW and more (those are just the models I’ve owned with rain sensing wipers). Not a big deal if you’ve never owned a good rain sensing system you won’t miss it. The cheaper Hyundai version is perfectly fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Picked up our White Limited mid June 2020 and only "issue" is the rain sensing wipers misfiring on occasion. To me its an annoyance that is very minor, not enough for me to even complain to the dealer about. No wind noise, no vibration issues, or other listed here. Granted we are only 1.5 months and 2k miles into ownership but so far so good.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very happy to hear that you don't hear wind noise on the highway. That 1 complaint worries me about purchasing a Palisade

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had the rear camera replaced due to black lines and a blue screen intermittently happening. Was only the rear camera part of the 360 degree system. It still occasionally shows black lines but has not blued out since replacement. Maybe be an issue with the wiring in the hatch door area somewhere. Right now it is not a big enough issue to take back to dealer, but will when there is more experience for the mechanics with this issue or if it starts blueing out again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What is everyone considering abnormal wind noise? Seems that it can be subjective... I took 2 Palisades for a test drive at my local dealer, one was a limited and the other an SEL. The limited was an April 2020 build and the SEL was an earlier 2020 build. The one noise that I think I'm detecting (very faint from both) was from the B pillar/driver's door area at 70+... sounded as if the door was slightly ajar, but it was very, very faint. I didn't detect any windshield/cowl area wind noise. I feel like I'm hyper sensitive to anything in the Palisade because of the known wind noise issue potential though. The Palisade would predominantly be my wifes car. After I shared the subpar windshield quality issue that could pop up and known road noise issue, she is hesitant to pull the trigger. We may play it safe and go with Acura MDX #3 at this point. I do really like the Palisade though. Seems just about any car can have or develop design, quality, or longer term have trouble at some point... Heck the 3.7 in one of our MDX's had the potential for a piston ring issue (oil consumption) to show it's face, but ours was not affected.

·
Banned
673 Posts
For me it was pretty obvious. Owned it for 4 months and heard nothing. Then I started to hear more and more wind noise, the a whistle and then finally a low frequency drone that would give even the most weathered road warrior a headache after about 15 minutes. Hyundai couldn’t solve it and as far as I know still haven’t after 8 months since I first reported my issue. I just couldn’t wait any more and no one in our family ever wanted to drive it on longer trips and especially not on the highway. It was still actually pretty quiet around town as long as you keep it under 45mph.

Just do a quick search on You Tube - Hyundai Palisade wind noise. There’s a few out there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts