Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new 2021 Palisade Calligraphy yesterday evening and less than 18 hrs. later, at 105 miles (had 51 mile when I purchased it), it has mechanical issues. I remote started the car in a store parking as I was approaching only to see smoke coming out from under the front right wheel well and discovered the A/C is not working. I don't know if there are other related issues. No warning lights came on.

I have spoken to the young salesman and he was very responsive and promptly called me back after speaking to their manager. The dealership is going to send a wrecker to take it to the dealership for repairs or he has offered to refund the the transaction fully. (Dealerships are closed on Sundays in Texas)

It's quite disappointing as I really like this vehicle.

I have briefly read a couple of similar stories in this forum.

Does anyone have any thoughts, recommendations or advice?

Thanks
Kent

·
Registered
25 Posts
Don’t let a mechanical issue deter you. It’s a great car and a majority are happy. With thousands of vehicles being delivered there is going to be some issues, nothing is perfect. I am happy the dealer is responsive and will work with you. If it’s just a hose or something minor, keep her. If multiple systems are questionable or the fix and something else happens then I would consider a refund of the transaction. Bought a brand new 2006 Honda Accord many cars ago. With less than 1k the coolant hose blew off and spewed coolant everywhere. It was fixed and happily drove the car another 50k no issues until sold. Best of luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE:
The dealership has been very responsive and is working with me for a resolution. They sent a wrecker to pick up the car Monday am and are providing a new loaner car for me to drive. They confirmed the A/C compressor clutch/gear (?) locked up and they mentioned it burned some plastic parts. Even before I had arrived to the dealership Monday morning to discuss this matter, they had already begun a search for a new car replacement. Tight inventory supply for these vehicles.

It is an unfortunate situation but I am looking forward to owning this car.

I will update again once this is finalized.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update #2...I am still waiting for a replacement Palisade Calligraphy in the color I have requested. (Midnight Clouds Blue / Black interior) I had originally bought a Black ext. / Black int. and decided to change colors.

The car has arrived in the USA, off-loaded from the ship and going thru Customs clearance. Latest ETA is Nov. 14th but they expect earlier.

The dealership has provided me with a loaner car, a new Sante Fe, during this interim time and it is a fine SUV albeit smaller than the Palisade. I have put almost 2,000 miles on the loaner car due to an out of state funeral I attended. The dealership even offered me free gasoline, which I declined to accept. I can pay for my own fuel, just want my new car.

The dealership did try acquiring a Blue / Black from another dealer but was met with resistance, or more likely, my dealer would have had to pay a premium to get it. I told them I would wait for the one to come from the port. In the meantime I will continue to drive the nice loaner they have provided.

I am still very satisfied with the dealerships reaction and responsiveness, these cars are apparently in high demand.

To be continued...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I never looked at the Sante Fe because I needed more cargo space but was curious how it compares to the palisade in other aspects like comfort and tech. The 2021’s are snazzy looking. Lol Hope you get your car soon. It stinks that happened. I got my calligraphy in September and love it! You will too!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE #2 - Still waiting for the dealership to receive the Blue/Black Palisade Calligraphy. I believe the dealer is trying but this color combo is very limited.

Still driving the nice Sante Fe SUV loaner they provided. (2,300+ miles).....

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
27 Posts
UPDATE #2 - Still waiting for the dealership to receive the Blue/Black Palisade Calligraphy. I believe the dealer is trying but this color combo is very limited.

I’m intrigued to hear what actually shows up for you, because according to the price list, the only way to get a Moonlight Cloud Calligraphy in the United States is with the beige interior (unless something has very recently changed, which would be odd to happen midyear, but we live in weird times).

Hopefully they are not setting you up for disappointment. Have they given you a VIN yet so you can see the window sticker?

·
Super Moderator
1,100 Posts

With the covid thing going on, it is taking a long time for cars to clear the customs areas, then get checked, any updates done. So hang in there
As stated above try and get the vin#

1 - 12 of 12 Posts