Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a limited palisade about 2 weeks old and my front left driver door speakers went out on my way to work today. listening to xm radio. I used the position fader in the sound settings to move it to front left speaker and all I got was muffled sounds from both the tweeter and the in-door speaker. The system beeps and voice recognition sound still worked from the left front speakers. I turned car off and back on and still not sound as well as paper clipped the reset on the radio. Then I left the car off for about an hour and a half and upon turning the vehicle back on the front left speaker worked again for audio/sound. I'm hoping this is a software glitch and not a bad speaker wire! Of course if it was a bad speaker wire I doubt I would hear the system voice recognition "say a command or safety system beeps" out the front left speaker which I was able to in this state of radio not playing out front left speaker.

·
Registered
48 Posts
It may be just XM radio. Did you try it with another source of music? We had a similar issue with our Mazda and it only happened with XM.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It may be just XM radio. Did you try it with another source of music? We had a similar issue with our Mazda and it only happened with XM.
I switched to FM and it happened on that too in the bad state, however I hit the voice recognition button on the steering wheel and the "say a command" came out both speakers". i tried the paper clip to reset the radio and it still happened after a reboot this was with the car powered on. However, upon turning off the car for about an hour and half the audio returned, so maybe XM put it in a bad state. I also have the problem of my xm stations either not saving or losing their preset sorted order. my guess its a software glitch?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it happened again. no front left tweeter audio when in the bad state. That includes xm,fm,am. . I took it into the dealer in the bad state, they first tried swapping twitter, no fix, then they disconnected the battery to do a hard reset and it came back. Hyundai said if happens again the amplifier should be replaced. whats interesting is the voice recognition system continues to work when its in the bad state and you can hear the say a command come out the tweeter. So perhaps the voice recognition system doesn't run though the audio amplifier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts