Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I'm curious to know if there is anyone who purchased a SEL without the premium package that includes the LED headlamps. Can you install LED/HID light bulbs yourself or do they require special wiring? Also, when I remote start my Palisade, the parking lights don't stay on so that I know it is on. All other cars I owned with oem remote start, both American and foreign, have it so the yellow parking lights and tail lights are on when the vehicle is started. Anyone experience this?

I'm also curious to know if anyone without the driver guidance package was able to install a NAV system with the standard infotainment system.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all

I'm curious to know if there is anyone who purchased a SEL without the premium package that includes the LED headlamps. Can you install LED/HID light bulbs yourself or do they require special wiring? Also, when I remote start my Palisade, the parking lights don't stay on so that I know it is on. All other cars I owned with oem remote start, both American and foreign, have it so the yellow parking lights and tail lights are on when the vehicle is started. Anyone experience this?

I'm also curious to know if anyone without the driver guidance package was able to install a NAV system with the standard infotainment system.

Thanks!
Same problem, no lights stay on with remote start. First vehicle to do this

·
Registered
110 Posts
Can you install LED/HID light bulbs yourself or do they require special wiring?
There's a big difference here between can and should. Hid bulbs have a much higher current draw at start up than halogen bulbs and can cause damage to stock wiring if you just plug them in. A separate power line connected straight to the battery should be used.

·
Registered
249 Posts
You typically need a ballast with HID bulbs. It's much easier to go the LED route. However, LED head lights are not as bright as HID unless you spend a lot of money. LED bulbs must also be oriented properly since they're not omnidirectional (unlike halogen or HID bulbs), particularly in projection-type headlight assemblies (as opposed to reflective housings). I don't know what kind the Palisade uses on non-LED trim levels.

Great video on the subject:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Even hid bulbs have issues with orientation, particularly in headlights designed for halogen bulbs. Just because the bulb base fits, doesn't mean that the place on the bulb where the light comes from is in the same place. This can cause horrible glare due to light bouncing from where it isn't supposed to be coming from per the light's design.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts