Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy Hyper White/Beige/Dark Brown
56 Posts
I’ve only had my Calligraphy a few weeks but have had a few people flash me. I assume it’s been because they think I’m riding with my high beams on, because in Western PA people will also flash you to alert you that police are up ahead or the deer are on the run haha.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
395 Posts
Omg!!! Yes!!! I have 20 Limited i also love how much better I can see until some asshole thinks i have my brights on so the keep their bright lights on ..I also love the automatic dimmer and bright option! I never have to worry with it!
I would rather not have the automatic high beams. Or if it's an option, at least let me select it without having to turn on the the auto high beams to get to high beams. I'm smart enough to turn them to low beams in traffic, but when I'm driving down the alley behind my house, I want the high beams on. There's just enough other light back there that the car thinks I shouldn't have high beams on and put them to low beams. I want to be the one to decide that.

·
Registered
395 Posts
You can override the automatic setting.
I like the auto setting so it turns on and off my headlights, I don't like the HBA. So I just deal with the HBA because I prefer the headlights to be in auto.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I also like leaving mine in auto. I wish that I did not have to turn in on each time. I am talking about the the auto high beam setting my headlights are set for auto.

·
Registered
395 Posts
How does one leave the headlights in auto and never have the HBA turn the high beams on and off? If you have it in auto, and then push the headlight stalk away one time, it's in HBA. You have to push it again to be just in high beam. If you want to dim them for traffic, you pull on the stalk. That turns off all high beam. To get high beams on again, you have to go through the HBA first. Yes, minor inconvenience, but maybe if they had a check box in the User settings under lights, you could keep the HBA from ever coming on.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy Hyper White/Beige/Dark Brown
56 Posts
Oddly enough, I’ve been wondering if there’s a setting to turn the auto high beams on all the time so I don’t have to push the “stalk” forward each time I want it on.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Oddly enough, I’ve been wondering if there’s a setting to turn the auto high beams in all the time so I don’t have to push the “stalk” forward each time I want it on.
There is not. They revert to low beams once you shut the engine off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I haven't had anyone flash me (yet) but we haven't driven a ton at night either, so....

That said, my husband flashes every third car about their LED headlights. I keep telling him I don't think everyone's driving with their brights on, I think we are just not yet used to how much brighter the LEDs are.
I have a new 2021 SEL and having people flashing me. My 2 cents for your Hubs...Does it really make sense to flash brights at a car coming at you at high speed and potentially blinding them. May do more harm that good. Sure it may feel good to get back at the guy, but potentially causing harm to self.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Flashing headlights is a form of nonverbal communication. You are driving along and a car flashes their headlights at you, They are asking, "Do you have your bright lights on?". You briefly flash back, saying, "No, they are not on." This way the oncoming car doesn't feel you are ignoring them and intentionally driving with brights on and feel the need to keep theirs on.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I tried the HBA when I first got the Palisade and even though it seems to work well it was annoying having the high beams constantly coming on and going off. I don't live out in the country so I don't use my high beams very often as there are always other vehicles around but I could see this being a nice feature for those that do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 21 Calligraphy with LED headlights. I love them but.... I get the bright light flash regularly, much more so than with my Cherokee.

Anyone else getting this?

I haven't been in for service yet and have not had a chance to mention it to the dealer.
Just drove cross-continent and many nighttime hours. We got flashed repeatedly. The lights are just too good. I've never driven a I flash my high beams back just to show that I'm not intentionally blinding them. I haven't explored adjusting the headlight angle.

·
Registered
2021 SEL Silver Lagoon with bench seat
123 Posts
I have a new 2021 SEL and having people flashing me. My 2 cents for your Hubs...Does it really make sense to flash brights at a car coming at you at high speed and potentially blinding them. May do more harm that good. Sure it may feel good to get back at the guy, but potentially causing harm to self.
You have a point. Thankfully, he's flashing folks in the daytime so he's not blinding anyone. We've had the car three months and barely driven at night but where we live, driving with your lights on during the day is pretty common.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 21 Calligraphy with LED headlights. I love them but.... I get the bright light flash regularly, much more so than with my Cherokee.

Anyone else getting this?

I haven't been in for service yet and have not had a chance to mention it to the dealer.
Yes. I have the 2021 Palisade and get flashed all the time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The lights are not too high. The only time the opposing driver may get blinded is if they have an abnormally low riding vehicle or if your vehicle has a slight pitch upwards due to road incline. Aside from that the lights shine below everyone's eye level on the road, which I'm sure is a federally regulated standard.
I agree. A lot of ridiculous people in low riding vehicles who are still driving with Halogens. I haven't owned a car with Halogens since the 1990s. I went HIDs on all my cars starting in 2002. Then moved to LEDs only on all cars in 2016.

·
Registered
395 Posts
They should make it mandatory that no car be built that has the windshield below a certain height and then make all vehicles shine their headlights below that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve only had my Calligraphy a few weeks but have had a few people flash me. I assume it’s been because they think I’m riding with my high beams on, because in Western PA people will also flash you to alert you that police are up ahead or the deer are on the run haha.
Using the Auto High Beam Headlight feature this should not happen - the high beams turn off well before an oncoming vehicle is in range. They go back on on again after passing. Works well for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think the main "problem" is that these are projector headlights, not traditional reflector headlights. So they are much brighter, but have a cutoff shield to keep the super-bright light on the road. But if the oncoming driver is in a position below the cutoff shield, then I'm sure that's very bright and unpleasant. I've noticed that's when I get a flash from the other driver. If they're above the cutoff, I've never gotten a flash.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts