Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 21 Calligraphy with LED headlights. I love them but.... I get the bright light flash regularly, much more so than with my Cherokee.

Anyone else getting this?

I haven't been in for service yet and have not had a chance to mention it to the dealer.

·
Registered
2021 SEL Silver Lagoon with bench seat
122 Posts
I haven't had anyone flash me (yet) but we haven't driven a ton at night either, so....

That said, my husband flashes every third car about their LED headlights. I keep telling him I don't think everyone's driving with their brights on, I think we are just not yet used to how much brighter the LEDs are.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 21 Calligraphy with LED headlights. I love them but.... I get the bright light flash regularly, much more so than with my Cherokee.

I haven't been in for service yet and have not had a chance to mention it to the dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I have same model. Till now no problem with lights bothering others

·
Registered
145 Posts
2020 SEL with Halogen lights. I get flashed quite often. But they certainly light up a dark road just great.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Oops I can't edit last post. Meant to say I have LED headlights.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I’ve only driven once at night and honestly i’m surprised that no one has flashed their brights at me. I think those lights are crazy bright, not even on high beams. My daughter rode with my wife after picking it up and going out to dinner while i followed in my 99 tacoma. Her comment: “Dad doesn’t even need to have his lights on. These lights are bright enough for both trucks.” 😂

·
Registered
22 Posts

I have a 2020 limited and probably get 10% of cars flash their brights at me thinking I have my brights on. One thing you could do is set your bright function on auto, that way they will automatically go off when a vehicle approaches with their lights on, then they will go back on when there are no vehicles. At least that way they will realize your brights went off. I have found though that they will go off when my lights hit a big sign from the reflection, and then back on. I'm sure part of the problem [along with LED lights] is the palisade is siting a little higher and our lights are hitting the oncoming driver in his eyes. I get the same problem from new pick ups with LEDs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It is possible the lights are aimed too high and your low beams actually do flash oncoming traffic as the car moves over bumps. I have this issue with my 2020 Outback because the suspension is too soft and allows excessive pitch. The headlights are aimed properly while stationary but I can easily see my low beams blinding drivers as I accelerate, and when I brake the light throw becomes quite short in front of the car. Lowering the headlight aim will help you not get flashed but will shorten how far ahead the headlights throw light, potentially making it difficult for you to see road hazards. I'd suggest having the dealer check to make sure your headlights are aimed to factory specification and try not to worry about it again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just encountered this last night! I have a 2021 Limited with the LEDs. I've been driving 2 weeks now and haven't been flashed yet. On my way home there is a 4 way stop where the North/South roads both pitch upwards. While waiting my turn the vehicle across from me had CRAZY bright lights...blinding bright. I flashed them once as they turned left in front of me and....another Palisade! I guess the angle of approach is important on our vehicles. : - )

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have had mine for almost 11 months now and not once has someone flashed their headlights at me. I have a 2020 Limited with the LED's and I really like the output and coverage of the OEM headlights.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Yep- i get flashed about once a week. Small price to pay for the strength of visibility we get though!

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Palisade
3 Posts
I have a 2020 Limited and get flashed quite often by other drivers, especially in the early morning hours. It makes me feel bad because before getting our Palisade I was always annoyed by other cars’ super bright/blinding lights. I honestly can’t understand how it’s legal for these lights to be so bright nowadays. Maybe in 5-10 years as more cars go towards LED it will become the norm but they are super bright.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I get people flashing their lights at me all the time. I guess the led lights are just brighter and people aren’t used to them and think that I still hv my brights on when I don’t

·
Registered
13 Posts
At least once per day I get flashed. The lights are aimed this way because of their position in the bumper- I would imagine.

·
Registered
2 Posts

It happens occasionally, because the lights are more intense and up slightly higher. Not much you can do about it. I always have mine in the auto setting, which does an amazing job.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Omg!!! Yes!!! I have 20 Limited i also love how much better I can see until some asshole thinks i have my brights on so the keep their bright lights on ..I also love the automatic dimmer and bright option! I never have to worry with it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
The lights are not too high. The only time the opposing driver may get blinded is if they have an abnormally low riding vehicle or if your vehicle has a slight pitch upwards due to road incline. Aside from that the lights shine below everyone's eye level on the road, which I'm sure is a federally regulated standard.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts