Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the highest light out put LED lamps I could find on Amazon
Installed in place of the OEM reverse bulbs.
I'm going to put the OEM bulbs back in. Yes the 6000 lamps are much whiter than the OEM bulbs.
But I can see with the OEM bulbs better and they appear to give me more light even if not as white

·
Registered
393 Posts
There a lot of variability in quality and brightness of LED. Also a lot of the companies at the very least are giving incorrect info stating the brightness and wattage of both bulbs instead of one when they come as a pair. You have look though the details of spec to see this.

With headlights there is even more variability because LED only put out light in 2 directions not 360 Degrees so sometimes the rotation angle has to be adjusted with a figment screw if present.

·
Super Moderator
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I made sure to get a good named brand with 3600 lums combined out put, and 360* out put.
Of course that out put goes all the way around and I don't think the reflector behind the reverse lights
work that well with the led's.
They are a nice white light, but might work better if all the light out put was in one or two directions

·
Super Moderator
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Up date
Decided to put one regular OEM backup lamp in and leave one LED.
Changed my mind I'm going to use the LED in both sides.
While the OEM lamps look brighter, looking at them during the day.
At night, in the rear view camera, the LED's make a lot of difference.
The side with the OEM buld almost blends in with the tail lights and brake lights.
On the LED side it is just so white that it shows right thru the tail light and brake lights
Makes it much easier for me to see

·
Registered
393 Posts
Interesting.. Had hard time believing good LED were not better than the incandescent. Its also that you can while can get the same wattage equivalent you can also go brighter. Get much more Light/lumens if you try. That is for example with a typical 100 watt incandescent you can use like 12-15 watt LED. Same with the automobile ones, but you do have the option of getting a bulb that is 50, 100, 200, 300 percent brighter etc since LED consume less power for the same amount of light.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just in case anyone was wondering what type of bulb goes in the reverse lights, they are 921 bulbs so if you were going to upgrade to LED you will want to go with an equivalent type bulb. I ended up going with LED's from www.headlightrevolution.com as I used them to replace all the incandescent bulbs in my 2008 Sonata and I haven't been disappointed. You can check them out on YouTube as they test everything out there and explain why one bulb is better than another and what to look for when purchasing LED's for your car. I am in no way affiliated with them BTW, I just think they do a good job of educating the consumer before purchasing. There are plenty of places out there to buy quality LED's. If this post is out of line please let me know and I will edit it or delete.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts