Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

I have a palisade with 4200 miles on it. Today I just noticed the trim on my front leather seats, are starting to peel?? I thought this was supposed to be premium leather. I even thought it might be something I brushed it with likes keys etc...but that’s not the case. Even the passenger seat is starting to do the same thing.

I hope the warranty will cover this? Does the warranty include seats? I would hope so especially at 4200 miles.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi Everyone

I have a palisade with 4200 miles on it. Today I just noticed the trim on my front leather seats, are starting to peel?? I thought this was supposed to be premium leather. I even thought it might be something I brushed it with likes keys etc...but that’s not the case. Even the passenger seat is starting to do the same thing.

I hope the warranty will cover this? Does the warranty include seats? I would hope so especially at 4200 miles.
Could you post a photo so the rest of us have a clearer understanding of exactly what is happening?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wow... Leather must be too soft. I got an SEL with the black leather and them seats are hot. Wish I would've bought the limited for the cooled seat options. I've had black leather seats previously in my explorer limited and Altima and bother weren't nearly as hot as these.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Looks almost like something is digging it, or it was a poor dye job on damaged leather to start with.
I had a steering wheel, on a kia, do pretty much the same thing, and kia replaced
it under warranty.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HI All, can you guys check your seats as well. A Local Hyundai dealer is saying that its caused by something scrapping it. It is 100% not caused by damage. The leather is peeling. To me it looks like its some sort of coating that is peeling off. Its happening on both driver and passenger side.

·
Registered
89 Posts
A
HI All, can you guys check your seats as well. A Local Hyundai dealer is saying that its caused by something scrapping it. It is 100% not caused by damage. The leather is peeling. To me it looks like its some sort of coating that is peeling off. Its happening on both driver and passenger side.
Are you the only driver?
Picture #2 doesn't help your case, really looks like it is scrapped in that picture.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Just checked my two front seats. Mileage at this moment is 3280. No wear indications of any kind. Look new except for the fast food burger crumbs.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Has anyone other than you driven your car? That would include the dealership after you took delivery.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A

Are you the only driver?
Picture #2 doesn't help your case, really looks like it is scrapped in that picture.
I know the pictures don't help. But in person you can see that its peeling not scrapped. I am the only driver. Plus its also the same issue on the passenger side.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Has anyone other than you driven your car? That would include the dealership after you took delivery.
The other day I brought it in the dealership for an Oil Change. The vacuumed out my car and I noticed that the seats were as well....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Don’t have leather, but noticed this string coming loose on front passenger cloth seat last week.

As for the damage to the trim on the leather, if you had scraped something against it to cause that wouldn’t the leather around the trim also be damaged? Looks to me like Hyundai got a bad lot of leather trim. Not really Hyundai’s fault, but they sure should be taking care of it and passing the cost of repair on to their vendor.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Did the dealer offer a solution to fix or treat the seats in any way?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts