Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I read that on certain roads the lane following assist will ask you to put your hands on the wheel less often. These are roads like interstate highways that are in the database of the Nav. Any truth to this? Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The only thing I've noticed is that it tends to ask me to put my hands on the wheel more often around bends than on straight aways.

·
Registered
243 Posts
My experience is that if the system has to auto correct to keep you in the lane and after a short period of time does not sense the weight of your hands on the steering wheel, it will ask you to do so. I have had the experience on all types of roads.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've noticed it bothers me less when the "HDA" is activated, and also when traveling at low speeds in traffic jams. I was in a jam on our state turnpike this past weekend (5-25mph for a few miles). I had the cruise control on with HDA activated and barely ever touched the wheel/pedals. It basically drove itself through the jam....pretty amazing. It was the most relaxing traffic jam I've ever been in.

When driving at highway speeds on more curvy roads it will ask more often to keep hands on the wheel, which makes sense. Seems to be a good implementation and not just a simple timer.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. Will the HDA change lanes for you if you apply the turn signal when in HDA?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for the responses. Will the HDA change lanes for you if you apply the turn signal when in HDA?
No I don't think so, one thing I've noticed when Lane keep is activated - mine will sometimes try to exit at speed if in right lane, you need to be careful and always be paying attention with hands ready to correct. Once I got the hang of it I could lightly keep my hands on the wheel and take over once in awhile otherwise the car basically drove itself.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seemed like it did change lanes with the turn signal during my test drive. But I am not certain.

·
Registered
243 Posts
My experience has been If you are driving and the road side lines disappear the HDA will steer you in that direction. This was experienced most frequently on highway exit ramps. Applying the turn signal turns off the feature so you can change lanes without resistance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It works great, but be careful when going by exit ramps as it will try to steer you up onto one. Otherwise in straight line traffic, it works great

1 - 10 of 10 Posts