Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2022 Calligraphy with 1200 miles on it. I hate the lane assist, it always seems to be fighting me. I can turn it off, but as soon as I se the cruise control, it comes back on, 3 times it's tried to drive me off the road when I passed an exit..My local dealer seems to have no ideas.. Now when I go out of town, I have to rent a car. Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Why not just use the lane warning setting without the assist? That way whenever you stray you simply get an alert tone. I prefer to be in control so that's how I've set my system going on 3 years.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL Moonlight Cloud
400 Posts
I have a 2022 Calligraphy with 1200 miles on it. I hate the lane assist, it always seems to be fighting me. I can turn it off, but as soon as I se the cruise control, it comes back on, 3 times it's tried to drive me off the road when I passed an exit..My local dealer seems to have no ideas.. Now when I go out of town, I have to rent a car. Any ideas? Thanks.
Keep in mine that the system is pretty basic and if the lane lines go away on one side (like at an exit), the system can get confused.

My general rule is if the lane lines continue (dashed white line), then don't worry Sadie will keep me in the lane. If the lane lines end for the exit, put my hand back on the wheel until the vehicle has cleared the exit.

Also of note, I've found that parallel shadows confuse the software. So if you have an underpass or are driving on a road with say tree shadows, I will often keep my hand on the wheel during those events, just in case.

The Comma 3 system fixes these issues as it is much more advanced than Hyundai's software.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why not just use the lane warning setting without the assist? That way whenever you stray you simply get an alert tone. I prefer to be in control so that's how I've set my system going on 3 years.
Even if I haven't set on nothing instead of notification or assist as soon as you hit the cruise all bets are off and it just goes right to assist, even though the screen says it's turned off

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
407 Posts
Even if I haven't set on nothing instead of notification or assist as soon as you hit the cruise all bets are off and it just goes right to assist, even though the screen says it's turned off
Sounds like you need to turn off lane following assist if you’re so annoyed by it… that only comes on with cruise. You’ll need to disable it in settings.

Reactions: Gene

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
407 Posts
I've disabled it many times but even after it's disabled when you use the cruise it enables itself and when the cruise is on you cannot disable it.
You do realize that lane keeping assist and lane following assist are different things, right?

LKA is controlled by the button on the dash. LFA is controlled by settings in the infotainment system and is only ever active during cruise unless you disable it.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
407 Posts
I know the difference between the two, but even if you deactivated after sitting the cruise it just reactivates itself. I guess it's haunted
So you’re saying that even though you went to setup > vehicle > driver assistance and disabled the lane following assist, it reactivates itself every time you turn on cruise? That is not normal operation if you turn off that system; if you turn is off, it’s off. Plus, LFA is only ever active when cruise is on; so if it always turned itself back on, there would be no point in being able to turn it off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts