Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share some pics - I am in Korea right now, saw this Palisade parked. I don't have a Palisade, but am tracking it closely. Noticed this one had a running board (these available in North America?) This one also had the three led headlights and the cutout for the DRL. Also, notice the mirrors are folded? Hyundai obviously made folding mirrors for the Palisade, but didn't bring it to North America.
20190720_182211.jpg
20190720_182152.jpg

Have seen plenty on Palisades around, but have not seen a single Telluride. Must be an import thing, or maybe Kia isn't going to sell the Telluride in Korea?

·
Registered
8 Posts
That cutout DRL is because of the law in Korea. The korean version also has the power seat button on the side of the passenger seat near where the USB is. The running board is likely an aftermaket install.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That cutout DRL is because of the law in Korea. The korean version also has the power seat button on the side of the passenger seat near where the USB is. The running board is likely an aftermaket install.
What Korean law requires the DRL cutout? I saw a Korean video where a Hyundai exec stated the 3-LED headlight and cutout were a Korea market exclusive, for the home market.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Several video actually states it is required by the law in Korea. No DRl shall be apart farther than 75mm. They got away with it by putting the cutout.

Quick google shows several articles. Run google translate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Several video actually states it is required by the law in Korea. No DRl shall be apart farther than 75mm. They got away with it by putting the cutout.

Quick google shows several articles. Run google translate.
Thanks, really interesting to hear. I've never looked into it, but have spent a lot of time in Korea - my uneducated impression is Koreans don't care too much for any type of lighting regulations, generally following US or EU standards for lighting. So I'm surprised to hear about a Korean regulation like this.

I don't think the local police enforce much of anything though, as some of the Semi's on the highways look like disco's with the amount of extra lighting they tack on (unless this is allowed, maybe so).

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have seen those running boards for sale online and fairly inexpensively. If you Google you should find them no problem. I am looking for the wingstep retractable running boards in the US but they are impossible to find right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts