Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else notice the loud knocking noise on their palisades? took car to dealer 3 times they said its normal on this engine
currently waiting on Hyundai case to be set up, also have light issues they are not focused had bulb replaced here is a link to what my car sounds like

any suggestions

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone else notice the loud knocking noise on their palisades? took car to dealer 3 times they said its normal on this engine
currently waiting on Hyundai case to be set up, also have light issues they are not focused had bulb replaced here is a link to what my car sounds like

any suggestions
Yes, I have a Limited & at idle it sounds like a diesel.

·
Registered
18 Posts
All Direct injection engines sound like this. Something to do with fuel injectors pumping gas directly into the cylinder compared to old port injection engines that ran more quietly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All Direct injection engines sound like this. Something to do with fuel injectors pumping gas directly into the cylinder compared to old port injection engines that ran more quietly.
i have a side by side same car comparison and mine by far is louder i just wanted some guidence/asurance i wasn't goin crai

·
Registered
2 Posts

any suggestions
NOT A NORMAL SOUND, WE SHOULD ALL START A CLASS ACTION SUIT, THE CAR IS A LEMON!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,773 Posts
i have a side by side same car comparison and mine by far is louder i just wanted some guidence/asurance i wasn't goin crai
Have you checked to make sure the cover on the engine is properly secured, and does the cover have the sound deadening material on the underside.
I purchased a 2018 Genesis G90 new several years ago it made more noise than other one I listened to engine cover was missing a clip and there was no sound deadening material on it.
If you are not used to a GDI engine it is a little discerning, they use a really high pressure fuel pump and the direct injectors are super noisy. That is what it sounds like to me

·
Banned
673 Posts
Everyone just settle down. Let the dealer have a chance at fixing it. I don’t think it’s all that loud. No car is perfect.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Plus FWD (Conven & Premium packages, Moonlight Cloud, light grey leather int)
10 Posts
Ours makes the same noise in the engine. Please post if there is a successful solution offered by a dealership, or if enough are fed-up by the myriad of issues and start a class action.

·
Super Moderator
1,773 Posts
The palisade uses direct injection and a very high pressure fuel pump.
the noise you hear is the injector shutting. It has to use a high return rate
spring to close because of the high pressure gas.
I've had other direct injection engines, they all make a loud clicking noise
some manufactures use more insulation covers to deaden the sound, But
it is still there. The Palisade cover doesn't have as much insulation as some
other vehicles

·
Registered
1 Posts

any suggestions
Kans,

Thanks for your post and video. I have a 2020 limited and it is doing the exact same thing as your video. My car has 5K miles is and has used a full qt of motor oil. Did you find any helpful info you could share?

Kind regards,

Jerry

·
Registered
6 Posts
Kans,

Thanks for your post and video. I have a 2020 limited and it is doing the exact same thing as your video. My car has 5K miles is and has used a full qt of motor oil. Did you find any helpful info you could share?

Kind regards,

Jerry

·
Registered
6 Posts
My limited is making the same exact noise. The car has only 2K miles and has used a full qt of motor oil in which I replaced the oil level today.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts