Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in the 11 years I owned my Honda Pilot, didn't put so much as a catch on it. Two months owning my Palisade, I backed into a tree and broke the tail light cover. AAAARRGGGGHH! So mad at myself. Not like I don't have a big ole screen to see what's behind me. Anyway, turns out you can't buy just the cover, you have to buy the entire light assembly. I am thinking since it is so new and the Hyundai factories in China are closed down because of the virus, I am not going to find the light assembly anywhere but at the dealer....with a premium price for my little mistake. Quoted $475 for just the part. We were thinking of installing ourselves when the part comes in, does anyone have any advice?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Check eBay for the OEM part. There was a video posted showing how to install a wiring harness in the taillights to get it to illuminate differently. Anyway, this video showed how to remove the light. Looked easy to me. It will be a simple replacement.

·
Super Moderator
1,764 Posts
I have already seen a tail light assembly for sale on ebay. But wanted almost as much as hyundai parts list for new

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check eBay for the OEM part. There was a video posted showing how to install a wiring harness in the taillights to get it to illuminate differently. Anyway, this video showed how to remove the light. Looked easy to me. It will be a simple replacement.
Thanks, I will check it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts