Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, My 2018 Durango lease is up and I thought I'd shop a Palisade here in Minneapolis on June 11 and there are not just none to be had (I was expecting that), but all the inbound orders up to Aug 1 have been reserved. I went to 5 dealerships and it was the same sad story. Everything beyond July 30th as far as far as stock coming into the dealership is TBD and even then the sheets showed limited availability. One dealership had 2 Calligraphy TBD from Aug to end of year, just 2. Another dealership had 6, which was the high mark.

I'm looking around the country to see what can be shipped, but I'm not too hopeful.

Also, I learned that autotrader, cargurus show what a dealership is advertising, but in Minneapolis, none of the Palisades which come up in the search are available...All are reserved, even on the dealer web sites.

This is just a rant, I'm frustrated because I always lease cars and this go around was going to be a purchase, my last car to buy, so I really wanted to get the one I wanted. Looks like I'll have to lease for 24 months, then hope that the supply chain is better in 2 years, or keep looking across the country in hopes I can reserve one.

I'm not sure the demand is any higher than before, but stock is definitely limited. I thought Korea, China and Japan had the fore sight to order large quantities of the car chips during Covid, unlike the US automakers. So, lack of chip shouldn't be an issue for Hyundai, but I could be wrong.

Anyone else in the same situation where stock is locked up and reserved until late in the year when more are delivered?

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How far are you willing to drive? I just purchased a Calligraphy here in London, Ontario Canada (approx 700 mi from you). My dealer had 1 black calligraphy (sold), an essential and a preferred. I told them the colours I wanted for my Calligraphy and they said there were 6 graphite (5 now), 2 silver and 2 rainforest at nearby dealerships that they could transfer in.
With regards to chips, we asked the business manager about that and he said Hyundai is in a better position than most auto makers because they are manufcturing their own (also using their own steel).
Anyhow, good luck with your search!

·
Super Moderator
1,663 Posts
Have you looked on hyundaiusa.com and checked for inventory?
Not sure where you are located, but that might help if one of us see one locally.
there are Palisades in the Phoenix,AZ area

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, My 2018 Durango lease is up and I thought I'd shop a Palisade here in Minneapolis on June 11 and there are not just none to be had (I was expecting that), but all the inbound orders up to Aug 1 have been reserved. I went to 5 dealerships and it was the same sad story. Everything beyond July 30th as far as far as stock coming into the dealership is TBD and even then the sheets showed limited availability. One dealership had 2 Calligraphy TBD from Aug to end of year, just 2. Another dealership had 6, which was the high mark.

I'm looking around the country to see what can be shipped, but I'm not too hopeful.

Also, I learned that autotrader, cargurus show what a dealership is advertising, but in Minneapolis, none of the Palisades which come up in the search are available...All are reserved, even on the dealer web sites.

This is just a rant, I'm frustrated because I always lease cars and this go around was going to be a purchase, my last car to buy, so I really wanted to get the one I wanted. Looks like I'll have to lease for 24 months, then hope that the supply chain is better in 2 years, or keep looking across the country in hopes I can reserve one.

I'm not sure the demand is any higher than before, but stock is definitely limited. I thought Korea, China and Japan had the fore sight to order large quantities of the car chips during Covid, unlike the US automakers. So, lack of chip shouldn't be an issue for Hyundai, but I could be wrong.

Anyone else in the same situation where stock is locked up and reserved until late in the year when more are delivered?

Thanks for reading.
We were in a similar situation. I actually ended up getting mine through the Costco Auto buying program. They only deal with major dealers who get larger inventories. The price is also better because you avoid that “market adjustment” that is being added. Very easy to deal with and the dealer who contacted me was able to tell me when the car entered port and when it got transported by train then truck to them. Might be worth joining Costco if you have one in the area!

·
Registered
129 Posts

Thanks for reading.
I sympathize with your situation. After discovering trade in value for my 2020 Palisade is more than what I paid for it new I too started looking for a Calligraphy. My experience is even cars shown as "on the lot" aren't, and even those coming in are already bought. I finally found one, selling for MSRP at Schomp Hyundai in Denver. They actually had two, a white one and a silver one. I put a deposit down on the white one, as of last Thursday the silver one was still available. You might want to give them a call. My sales guy is named Attila, he took good care of me. Hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I sympathize with your situation. After discovering trade in value for my 2020 Palisade is more than what I paid for it new I too started looking for a Calligraphy. My experience is even cars shown as "on the lot" aren't, and even those coming in are already bought. I finally found one, selling for MSRP at Schomp Hyundai in Denver. They actually had two, a white one and a silver one. I put a deposit down on the white one, as of last Thursday the silver one was still available. You might want to give them a call. My sales guy is named Attila, he took good care of me. Hope it works out for you.
Interesting; I had the opposite experience with Attila and that dealership. They sent me an offer with a price attached for a green SEL but didn’t honor it when I asked, played games with “I didn’t send you that, it was a third party” (Sam’s or Costco) even with their names attached, manager would barely acknowledge they worked with third parties let alone honor the price (she was good not admitting fault so she wasn’t locked in)…seemed shady at best. We looked elsewhere and have been happy with Arapahoe Hyundai, though McDonald also seems good, if you’re in Denver.

·
Registered
129 Posts
We're not in Denver, just couldn't find anything any closer. We've bought two cars from Attila, my wife's 2021 Santa Fe Hybrid and now the Calligraphy. My daughter bought a 2020 Tucson from McDonald, the transaction went ok but they did tack on some kind of "theft insurance" charge that I thought was bogus. Schomp doesn't charge any dealer fees, which is a $500-$700 discount over other dealers that do charge these fees (which most dealers charge). For my wife's car we paid MSRP plus $4 for doc fees. We live in Kansas so we'll pay sales taxes when we register the car. I really like our local dealer (Hatchett) but when I asked about a Calligraphy all they could say was "don't know, maybe August". The only reason I brought up Schomp was to let @skates15 know that, at least as of last Thursday, Schomp had a silver Calligraphy scheduled to arrive next month that wasn't spoken for. Given the shortage of Palisades it's hard to pick and choose a dealer or even get anything off of MSRP. I was just glad they weren't charging a premium over MSRP. All that being said, at this point all I have is a deposit and a promise. It remains to be seen how the deal finally ends up.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Also, I learned that autotrader, cargurus show loo what a dealership is advertising, but in Minneapolis, none of the Palisades which come up in the search are available...All are reserved, even on the dealer web sites.

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi my name is Tony. I work in sales at a Hyundai dealership. I can get you a Palisade. Call me for the details. 661-219-4576. No markup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts